Banned? Huh?

I was the last one alive on the bridge finale, and the tank and other infected decided to have some fun with me instead of killing me outright.  By this point it was literally impossible for me to make any further progress as the last survivor alive with a tank body blocking the bus i had to cross.  So I defended myself into a corner as long as I could, then jumped off.  Everyone seemed to have fun with it (I saw several "RIP's" and "honorable death" in chat).  Nobody said anything negative about the actions and seemed to think the whole thing was a bit of fun.  Shortly after the teams swapped and about 1 minute later I was banned with the generic "read the rules on the web page" message.

No warnings, no explanation.

Taking the 'honorable way out' seemed appropiate given the situation, and I have seen admins condone similar actions on several occasions (I even had an admin clarify to me years ago that such behavior was understandable in these situations and not punishable).

So have the rules changed again?  Why was I banned?

Our rules state that a self-inflicted death is a form of griefing which would result in a permaban.  The only exception to this rule is if you're the last one alive.

Johnny informed me of the ban and also stated you were the last one alive when you did this.

I'm gonna remove the ban.

• Like 1

GC Coalition Member
(edited)

You where banned for suiciding

I looked for the page that says its ok to suicide if your are the last one alive but could not find it

Edited by Mercman

Obviously it is bad to suicide if it hurts your team.  Even when all seems lost, it is usually bad to suicide because others see it and think it is okay to do.  But if you were the only person alive and the tank wasn't really trying to finish the round and was just blocking you, it sounds like a legitimate excuse.  Just remember to be careful about breaking rules, because it encourages others to do the same thing, maybe at the wrong time. 

• Like 1