Rally Bred Cars

gOOters

What do you guys think about these cars? I went and sat in an Evo last night. It looked like a cheap little car on the inside. Honestly, it looked like a cheap little car from the outside too (allbeit with a huge intercooler, ducting, Brambos and a carbon fiber wing all protruding).

I like these cars, but I don't think I could spend $30K+ on a car that is so mediocre looking. I know they are fast as sin! And when I drive one...it might change my mind. But I want something a little sexier for my dollar.

What do you think??

MY NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION!!!

To be honest I compare the WRX (and now the STI) and the Evo to the damn Neon SRT-4. The are all fast as can be but very cheaply made and look it (well, the STI not as bad as the standard WRX) and drive like it, but I think worse of them because the are $30+ a piece AND since Suburu is only producing 1000 STI's a year they are going for upwards of $5K above msrp (around here)!

For $30K+ I'd rather take the G35 Coupe with its comfort and well built grace and be a bit slower, or the RSX Type S than any of those 3 cars and sink $10K into it....or maybe just maybe the RX-8 if I ever get to see one in person. That is just absurd for the price. The darn Honda S2K costs that much money...so does the base Z4 (both roadsters but both much better on built).

Maybe I'm being too critical on them...I'm sure that their slightly bigger engines/turbos/whatever are expensive...but come on yall...$30K is a lot of money for a car that doesn't have leather AND shakes you around like a fish in a plastic bag carried around by an 8 year old (I just saw Finding Nemo...sorry for the bad analogy).

thanks!

btw...not a sports car but...i got to drive a Nissan Murano this morning. Very interesting. The size of a tank and drove like a car (not sports car). They call it a Urban Sport Utility Vehicle. What caught me was the features on the car. Has compartments for everything, LED screen (ugly color but still LED) that tells you everything you could possibly want to know in Metric or American, and has a plush leather interior. Very quiet drive. Still, that car costss $30K. Now compare that to the Evo or the STI.

oh and another thing that the Murano has (that my next car WILL have) duel climate zones for driver/passenger and the driver settings memory, so that when you let someone else drive your ride (gawd forbid) you just press a button and your seat and mirrors move back to where you had them.

pretty spiffy features, I'd say. I'll never give up my sports cars but still pretty spiffy.

Edited by White Knight

Im 6'2"...Christi is 5'1", when we get hitched, her next vehicle will have the memory seats as well!

You cant really compare the SUV to the other cars, you have 5 or 6 basic catagories of criteria, including performance, fit&finish, appearance, utility, cost...

My only gripe is this, they made the rally cars MAXING out the performance and price scales, you cant find a better performance/dollar out there. But, did they HAVE to make them so ugly!?

My girl's 5'6" and I'm 6'6". Very irritating in cars.

You can sorta...where the SUV is bigger, the sports car gets better performance. I believe stuff like Memory Seats, Comfort Zones, Leather interior, or even making a car look like its well made, semi stylish, and overall not cheap, would be comparable for price.

I just couldn't drop that kinda money on a car that looks more cheaply made than a $5000 Kia Sophia...

Don't you just love odd couple sizes? I'm 6'1" and my new interest is 5'4". She always jokes how guys have a "height complex" :o:D Anyways, goot I would go with something a bit bigger. If you have never owned a smaller car, it gets old trying to smash into one. And when you have stuff to get out of the car with, it's damn near impossible. If I was going to get another car, I would definitly get something sporty and fun to drive to compensate for being cramped.

You could get Christi to buy the sports car, and get a nice new truck.... then just be like umm I need a slight change now and then.. and borrow her car :D

Or pull a J... Since I get paid every other week, one check goes to truck payment ($225) and the rest is going to be saved for my yamaha YZF. :=

Colonel, the hight problem is not limited to small cars, although small car backseats are pure torture. I fit perfectly fine in my Type S, as well as my old Celica ('95), an old friends prelude. All of these small cars.

Amazingly enough, cars that I do not fit in (being6'6") are Mustangs, Firebirds, Sebring (passenger side only), Rav4's (duh?), Grand Prix, WRX, and I'm sure a lot more, but those are the ones that stick out...basically, a lot of big cars that you think would allow taller peeps.

I find it frustrating.

I also find the tall guy, short girl thing funny. Traditionally, I like tall girls, its just that this one is short. Shes really cute though, so she makes up for it...