The Awards

CowboyFromHell`X

Okay, I'll have a little fun with this. I'll name 4 genres of games and you tell us your pick of ANY game would be best to be number 1 of that genre, and of course tell us why. I'll be adding four new ones every friday night.

Genre 1: Most Player Friendly (ie, easy controls, likeable characters etc..)

Genre 2: Best Story

Genre 3: Hauntingly Addictive

Genre 4: Best Graphics

*NOTE* Voting for the same game more than once is legit.

(edited)

1). Vice City - Funny characters, easy to control (aims for you); easy to drive cars; fun game over all.

2). Deus Ex - great storyline, I always wanted to know what happened after each level. (can't wait for sequel)

3). Starcraft - got this game 2 years ago, played it everyday for 1 year, I couldn't stop, I was addicted.

4). Battlefield 1942 - I love seeing a plane crash into a jeep, and the jeep fly in the air and the plane slide on the dirt. Also Unreal Tournament 2003 is amazing. :=

Edited by rackish

I got this.

1. Final Fantasy Tactics. Basic, easy to figure out game...and then you get sucked into the job system and the classes and the level and the skill points...all the while your cute kid-like characters walk around and kill people.

2. I hate to do a double shot but.....Final Fantasy 9 - I cried at 2 different parts of the game...ME!??!?! A Big tough guy...cried...I've only ever cried in 3 movies...and I cry in a video game...come on!?!? NEways FFIX.

3. Bust A-Move 4 - Called the Bubble game by my circle of friends. Amazingly addictive to everyone...absolutely everyone. My mom has played it...and will gladly pick up a controller at any moment. My girlfriend, who detests video games (but she kindly give me cs time) plays it. I've actually had peeps over at my place chillin for a preparty that turned into an all night Bubble Game fest. Its a PS1 game...there are other versions, but Bust a Move 4 is the best.

4. A close tie - Xenosage and Kingdom Hearts - Xenosaga is a RPG that the graphics are so good it almost looks and plays like a movie. Some of the shots are absolutely breathtaking. KH is a SquareSoft/Disney game. Looks and plays like a cartoon. There is nothing cooler than having Donald Duck and Peter Pan...looking exactly like they do from the movie fighting off bad guys with you...its amazing. The entire darn thing...it just looks like a Disney movie.