Home Remodeling

Bubblegum Bandit

Bubblegum, if you don't have any problems with it, you mind letting me have the plans for the bed you made? I need a new bed and would rather have a nice wood one than shell out the $$ for a good one. :D

I drew the plans up myself, but I don't mind sharing if you are serious.  Do you have a program that will let you open a *.dwg file?  I drew the plans in AutoCADD.

I work here at Virginia Tech. I can get a copy of the software to use. Thanks man.

(edited)

I will find the file and get it to you dweez....Hey, by the way, where do you work at Va. Tech? I have a friend that graduated with me from Univ. of Tennessee in Civil Engineering who now is attending tech for his Master's. You around any Civils at all?

Oh, and thanks guys for the complements, I appreciate it.

Edited by Bubblegum Bandit

Nah, I work in an Administrative dept. not an Academic one. He might have heard of me though cuz I am one of the Admins for the Central Services Domain, the W2k domain for depts that can't/don't want to run their own W2k Child domain but still want to participate in the Hokies AD Root (I know, kind of cryptic but he might follow it).

My name is Doug Edmonds btw.

(edited)

I will mention your name next time I talk to him and see if he has heard of you.....

Ok, I have a new question for you....are you construction minded? The reason being, when I drew the bed, I pretty much knew the method of construction I was gonna use....ie, mortise and tennon with floating panels. So, my drawing that I have right now only has finished dimensions. Are you good enough with this stuff to go from the finished dimensions or would you like me to draw all the joints and such out? It's no problem either way, I can fix it up in like 30 min, but I'm not going to spend the time if all you want is the finished dimensions.

Also, the dimensions are for a queen size bed as well, so if you are either larger or smaller, bedwise I mean, then you will have to adjust accordingly as well.

Edited by Bubblegum Bandit