Help With New Computer

SuperJo

Ok I think I did everything right. But the computer just turns on, nothing else registers. NO bios no nothing. The keyboard or mouse doesnt have lights on. The monitor says NO SIGNAL. So anyone have any ideas?

It's amazing that they went back to the pin design. The slot processor was much better for the home builder. Maybe not enough people were busting while installing and Intel wasn't making as much money.

Homer,Jul 25 2003, 02:44 AM] d'oh!

x2

x3

heh I tried to tell you, you need to be careful with the CPU. The CPU is the only thing that im always sketchy about messing with.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I solved it, I umm sort of ummm bent 2 gold poles on the processor : (.  Its just cause im sooooo strong. Yah i will call Intel and see if i can get another one on the offchance.

That happpened to me once.. i just bent them back and it worked fine. Actually the Barton I am using now was like that. I wasn't happy but grabbed a screw driver, pushed back and TA DA.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

hehe, i bought a new mobo for my PC, and my old heatsink wouldnt fit. so i had to go out and buy a new 1 before i left for a week. I found out all i had to do was remove the new bracket and put the old one on and it shoulda worked :). Oh well now i have a nice new heatsink :)