Anyone upgrade their graphics card recently?

ConGregation

I do NOT keep on the cutting edge of computer technology. I cant afford it. But my graphics card (Radeon 32 LE) is getting pretty long in the tooth. I know that some of you can afford all the newest stuff. So I was wondering if someone had a good graphics card they would want a little cash for.

Maybe last generation or something. I guess that would be a G3 or such. Just thought I would check. PM me if you want to deal :ph34r:

Got a GeForce4 Ti4600 a while back, here are some links to catch up:

http://www.pricewatch.com/ Look under Video Cards on the Multimedia column for prices.

Radeon 9700 Pro

GeForce 4400 and 4600 review, great bargain now

http://www.newegg.com/

The best place on the 'net to buy hardware. Great service, return policy, and prices!

Anandtech's graphic crad reviews

Personally, I'd go with a Chaintech GeForce4/Ti4600 for $227 on pricewatch.com. The Radeon 9700 Pro is top dog, but priced accordingly at about $100 more. Most Geforce4 cards are based on reference designs that all manufacturers copy, so they are all about the same - but I'd go with a brand that I'd at least recognize.

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

newegg.com is very good, i recommend you buy from there they have great prices. and thats where i got my new vid card

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i have a gf3 ti 500 that I payed $350 for about 1yr ago. Find out how much a Asus gf3 ti500 v8200 pure sells for these days new, and I'll give your 30% of off that price. Its a great card and in great condition, it won some awards when it first came out. But I recently upgraded to a gf4, catch me on AIM...Hpyphntom2.

Moss

Rev, I'd recommend just getting a cheap last generation card off of pricewatch, cause (apart from Mossads offer) you aren't gonna find better prices and it's hard to sell computer parts for what they're worth to you....

I just upgraded from a Rage II Pro onboard 4mb card (really) to a Geforce2 TI with 64mb DDR and TV Out for 60 bucks.....

so I'd recommend NOT being on the top of the line cause my card hasn't had problems running any games yet....and by the time it does, I'll buy a Geforce 4 cheap when the Geforce 6's are out

:D

Rev -

Mossad's offer: On pricewatch an Asus GF3/Ti500 v8200 goes for $200 - 30% = $140.

No-name brand GF3/Ti500: $100

GF4/Ti4200: $120

Radeon 9000 Pro: $77 (only 50-70% the performance of a Ti4200) 9000 series on Tom's Hardware

Best value would be the GF4/Ti4200 and be 'current generation' (albeit slightly slower clocking, but with all the GF4 series 'features') and keep you gaming for a few more years.

Sorry Mossad, but in the depreciation/price/performance world your card would have to drop to about $100 or less to make it a 'value', the Asus card seems to still be overpriced!

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

doesn't bother me one bit if he doesnt buy it. All I know is that I spent 350 1 yr ago and am not willing to take less then what I said. BTW the gf4 ti 4200, thats the 64mb vers. GL in finding a solid vid card Con, my offer is on the table if you would still like it. But I would listen to Playaa or Homer, those are some pretty good deals.