New DOH site goes live.

DJ Premier

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

In the words of f0'shizzle.........holy shizzle.....Nice site guys.

basic concept though, they give u the basic code, u just kindof plug in what u want?

yeah, that's basically it. its highly customizable. It requires you have PHP and mySQL installed. Postnuke isn't as mature as PHP Nuke. There was a lot of times I had to jump into the code as well as manually modify entries in the database. But once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to set up. The stylesheet is the biggest headache since it's typically missing a lot of entries

i'm just asking because i always found nukephp sites very... well very against my beliefs of html. I'd rather code it all than just take something thats already got the basics and fill in the blank. granted i've never used nukephp i really have no room to talk. but yes the site is nice congrats on it.

well, that depends on what school u are from. In the real corporate world, there are two camps. Buy vs Build.

My mentality is why build when you can buy?

Others argue that you don't get everything u want when you buy, so they'd rather build their own.

My counter is that you can buy and then customize and extend to fit your needs. The debate goes back many decades. So I guess its up to personal preference for personal sites.

Ok, you've done something on your forums that I was never able to do. Please share with me.

You see, our entire site has a black background 'cept in the forums....I was never able to get ALL the text non-black...just couldn't find the right lines, I'm sure...but you've done it. I know one part that I couldn't get to change was the

foruMmmms latest news: New DOH site goes live.

Welcome back; your last visit was on Aug 18 2003, 02:30 PM

part.

The colors you've used for your text are the exact ones that I'd like to use. Any help would be appreciated!

(edited)

Did you say there was a problem with our buttons? I don't know what you mean. Please give details so I can fix it. 8P)

Regarding your question:

In your stylesheet, there is an entry that looks like this:

---------

TABLE, TR, TD { font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial; font-size: 7.5pt; color: #cccccc}

---------

Change the color from #000000 (Black) to #cccccc (Grey)

Edited by DJ Premier

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
i'm just asking because i always found nukephp sites very... well very against my beliefs of html. I'd rather code it all than just take something thats already got the basics and fill in the blank. granted i've never used nukephp i really have no room to talk. but yes the site is nice congrats on it.

Nothing wrong with that, it is what I am doing with my site.