Where is CZ?

Gond

From what I heard you will be able to play the CZ players with HL mod but you won't get the same graphics...course I also heard it was going to be out 8/12 and that it would make your coffee in the morning.

HL2 will be released from the studio sometime in Oct. By the time they get it printed, packaged, shrink wrapped and delivered, it'll be late November or early December....just in time for the holidays. I'd say it'll be released on Black Friday.

someone placed a CS:CZ video on my HD at the lan (thanks to my "GiveMeStuff" folder) and after watching it....I'm far from excited about CZ.....it just looks like a slightly vamped up Counter-Strike with some better graphics.

but honestly......how do you improve upon a game that captured the world without possibly ruining what it had going for it?

how many years has this game ruled the world?

someone placed a CS:CZ video on my HD at the lan (thanks to my "GiveMeStuff" folder) and after watching it....I'm far from excited about CZ.....it just looks like a slightly vamped up Counter-Strike with some better graphics.

but honestly......how do you improve upon a game that captured the world without possibly ruining what it had going for it?

The same was said for warcraft II. That game survived almost 4 years and even spawned a windows update 3 years into the game (the original was a DOS game). But eventually it went away, only to be replaced by Starcraft, which in its own right, lasted about 4 years.

Same thing will happen to CS. Maybe sooner than we think, depending on CS2 for HL2.

yeah...I know cs will eventually die...in fact I see it dieing right now....but it is still amazing at how long this game has lasted.

on a side note.....I still think Half Life has got to be the greatest game of all time....not just for what it's single player game was like but for how it affected the gaming community....at one point Day of Defeat (a Half Life mod) had more players than Quake3, Unreal Tournament and RTCW combined....and Counter-Strike nearly doubled Day of Defeat's player list......that is just flat out amazing....

no other game has had such an influence IMHO. Sure some ppl say that Doom and Duke had to be the most influental cause they were some of the first big FPS's....but today I'd say probably half the gamers in the world have never touched a game even as far back (far, HA!) as Quake 2....but they're still influenced by Half Life....

Did you know that Starcraft has single handedly created the tech revolution of an entire country?

South Korea's technology movement (over 90% of internet users use broadband, even on their cell phones) was sparked by a computer game. Women and men alike flock to "internet cafes" in droves, and the city of Seoul has the most internet cafes per square mile than any other city in the world. And it all started because of a game. I think they used to hold the Starcraft CPL tourney in Seoul, S. Korea.

It's pretty crazy.

So it's disputable whether its the greatest game of all time. Diablo for RPG, Evercrack for MMORPG, CS for FPS. But then again, I still miss playing Doom II with friends.

Edited by DJ Premier

That was me! B)

*edit Oh yeah playaa I just watched the Hackers movie. It was great. Hackers2 is just like it but more into kevin mitniks(didnt spell that right)age. Hackers2 is about his life.

If you give me your address I can send a cd to you. :fatty:

Edited by bullet-401

DJ you've got a point there.....Star Craft is a huge game...as is Evercrack.....so we'll say Half-Life was huge for FPS's

and Bullet you were probably the one that threw all that stuff on my HD....I don't think anyone but you and I ever browsed the network for files.

Fatty was actually appalled that some ppl would do that without permission......no offense intended but I've always thought that was part of a lan party.....share all the files you've downloaded or created and let others share in the wealth......

btw....I've had a couple chances to watch Hackers2....it never really appealed to me....but maybe on your recommendation I will.

To tell you the truth I loved Warcraft 2 and I used to play it a lot. I have warcraft 3, and starcraft. I love em all. Blizzard is truly great. But on the CS:CZ topic im not really interested in it. Its obviously going to use the same cd-key as HL or CS due to the outdated HL engine and WON. So why would people buy another game if they could get it from there friends and use their cd-key they have for the HL or CS they have now. I think CS2 on HL2 is going to take over CS officaly. Its going to be much better then we all think. :boing: