Steam CS 1.6 Bugs.

Xoul

So far... I've encounterd three. I recieved one... that said Error "Child protection" and showed some C+/C++ code. Another where the Steam cilent crashes when a server goes offline... WHen you try to rejoin when the server is back. It says userID already on server. And another when you try to join a server more than 5 times. It crashes back to windows with a protection fault. I think they need to do a overhaul and this steam 1.6.... I hope its still the beta and not the full release. Buts its a 4 letter word that starts with an S, and is definded as poopy. :yuck:

Guest SnowSurfer
Guest SnowSurfer
Guest SnowSurfer
Guests

a big bug for me is that i cant connect because according to steam i have no internet connection..

For me, steam either never launches at all, or when I go to play the game, says "Game unavailable" or I've gotten the child protection thing. In any case, I can't play at all.. I hate this thing =p I can't play CS, and consequently I can't play NS, or VS or anything else thanks to it... Back to StarCraft it seems. =p Stupid steam... Way to go valve...

Yet another bug. Im running WinXP pro. And the steam program seems to hang on startup. It hangs till it crashes... then you're able to load it up... sorta. It runs slow and takes forever. This steam cilent is cool... but im thinking maybe it wasn't a good idea to release it with so mandy bugs. :disgust::bang:

I even tried doing the repair thing for steam thru the uninstallation thing...  it froze up at the very end...  now everytime I turn on the computer and it auto loads it says it has performed an illegal operation.  Maybe I should just uninstall and start over?  :unsure:  :angry:  :bang:  :bang:  :bang:

I would reinstall it, but then again I would have no other options since I'm dumb :)

click on steam, wait 4 min for it to tell me i have on internet, endtask stream, open steam (do i have internet this time its the luck of the draw i guess) ohh wait stream just crashed, open steam (darn i have no internet again, i think its off getting a soda or something) ohh wait its finally working....no it isnt.

open cs, console, connect 69.12.83.132. wow that only takes 5, maybe 10 seconds.

maybe valve is just trying to kill the cs community so everyone will go out and buy half-life 2 and play that instead :bang::bang::bang:

steam is so dumb...valve, even dumber