World of Warcraft

Crowbar

I can hardly wait for this game. It's shaping up to be the best computer game in recent history. Just look at it.

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/screenshotindex.aspx

(sorry, the images won't post on here)

Most of you at least know what Warcraft is. The games have been around for awhile. This game is a massively multiplayer online version. It takes place four years after the events in Warcraft III The Frozen Throne. You play one of eight races (humans, dwarfs, night elves and gnomes in the alliance; orcs, trolls, taurens and undead in the horde) in either the alliance or the horde, trying to make your way in what's left of the world. Each race has its own problems to deal with as a race, in addition to making one's own fortune. For instance, in the course of their mining, the dwarves unearthed a few dens of rockjaw trogs, their natural enemy's, and now the trogs are gathering strength and trying to take back their mountains. In addition to exploring the world of Azeroth, dwarves may occasionally be called back to their homeland to help fend off a huge attack.

But, if wandering is your thing, there's plenty of land to do it in, and lots of monsters to kill and dungeons to plunder. Blizzard is doing a great job of making sure problems in other MMORPGs don't show up here. They've even created a bunch of "instance" dungeons, where a group of players (or a guild) enters the dungeon, and it becomes their personal dungeon. No one but those invited and those in the group can enter it. Yet, at the same time, another group can be going through that same dungeon, but it will be there own instance. The dungeons are said to take upwards of a week to get through, they're huge, and it will take multiple players to do it. The whole game is built around groups of five players. Yet it also can be done easily with just one, for you loners.

Check out www.blizzard.com/wow for more info, over 100 screenshots and some GREAT gameplay movies.

good stuff man, im a fan of blizzard myself and this game looks awesome. A few nice ones are coming out soon so im still thinkin which if any  :unsure:  last game was  a huge let down

Ditto, I've always been a fan of Blizzard, ever since Starcraft. I really think WoW will be a great success, I can't wait to see how the full version is gonna be be, I just might buy it, I hate to get addicted to games, my grades suffer, hehe, keep us updated crow, thanks.

I loved WC2 but never actually played WC3 (maybe someday) but my roommate and his friends made me buy Anarchy Online (the latest exp. and all) and seemed to be under the indication that I will become hooked on RPGs...I highly doubt it but oh well.