Sound like a good deal?

General J

Not too familiar with Biostar brand but it sounds like a pretty decent deal. I would make sure when you got your CPU that it is a Barton class. Also, the mobo will support 400MHz FSB so it should give you nice upgradeability.

Chipset: NVIDIA nForce2 SPP / MCP2

FSB: 200/266/333/400

RAM: 2x 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMM (DDR 200/266/333/400 support)

IDE: 2x channel IDE (UDMA 33/66/100/133)

Slots: 1x AGP(4X/8X), 5x PCI

Ports: 2xCOM,1xLPT,2xUSB, 1xLAN, and Audio Ports

Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC650 6-ch AC'97 CODEC

Onboard LAN: MCP NVIDIA MAC + Realtek ALC650 PHY

now thats a multi board. i know nothing of biostar either, but man that looks tasty.

m0m that's the board I was telling you about at the Lan....the one I had purchased for a friend.

it's a VERY nice board and it wasn't the board that had gone haywire (the processor was crap we're pretty sure)

one thing that irked me is that even though it's nForce2 chipset it did NOT have the onboard GeForce4 video card.....the onboard sound card makes pops every once in awhile (after he got another sound card the pops stopped) for no reason (as in no sound going and all of a sudden you hear a staticy "POP").

but other than that it's WELL worth the price (it'll do 3 gigs of ram)................................

and now that I look I don't think those ARE the same mobo's...the one I was talking about has 3 1 gig ram slots while that one only has 2......

hhmm...

either way to me biostar seems like a good rising company with good products for cheap...