I cant get consistant Ping!

jane

I was talking to PuppySuprise and Wanted in 17 States today in game. We were talking about how my ping is consistant around 70 until rendomly it spikes for days to about 1900(literally). I was wondering how to fix this and how to make it perminant? Wanted described something about a registry fix of some sort, but coulndt describe it completely. I was hoping I could get some help from you all... I NEED TO PLAY CS ALL DAY EVERYDAY! I AM ADDICTED(as all of you who read these forums must be as well)!

jane | gfe

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

make sure all your wires are connected fully.... make sure you dont have any restrictions on in and out bandwith.... maybe buy a new nic card if yours is outdated.... are you routing your cable or dsl threw a router.. is it a good one... you have it all set up right?

is your bandwith shared between roomates or someone else? do u have kazaa on? You said u have cable right? Cable is shared bandwith throughout your neighborhood. The cable sucks really bad where I live....

I have Comcast and had bad connections a week ago. Turned out the coax from the wall was bad. But also check to see if others in your house (or apt, whatever) are using the connection at the same time. Powercycle your modem. Check for spyware with Ad-Aware (look on download.com). If all that fails call Comcast or do their online chat thingy. They'll fix0r it.

thanks guys. I tryed all that and still get bad ping randomly. I guess it could be the cable because it is shared with two other roommateas and soon a server :o ! well i guess if thats all there is fomr you guys thanks for the help. no its not wireless, i got a linksys router, dumb radio shack modem(current comcast install) and a good card (runs through my graphics card... is that bad?). Thanks for the suggestions.

thanks guys. I tryed all that and still get bad ping randomly. I guess it could be the cable because it is shared with two other roommateas and soon a server :o !

lol, if you get a ftp server that does a lot of uploading your ping will be a constant 20000. When you get a bad ping go look at your roomates comp and notice the relationship between him downloading and your ping.

most often one of my roomates is either playing CS with me or not on his comp. The other is just always online but not nessisarily doing anything that would disrupt ping(aka serfing net and such)

I will call Comcast Cable soon. We're knida sick of this ping and want it stopped.

jane | gfe