new info

Kurtz

I see people say its nature and not a choice.But if i was happy i would rather have it be a choice.To me if it is nature then its tellin me something.Nature has its reasons and ways, its not just random.Could this be a form of natural selection. Is nature tellin a person it creates happy that it doesnt want his/her genes passed on to the next gen. a form of natural extiction.

i mean forget how you feel about it as being right/wrong and stand back and look at the big picture.Would there be another way to interpret it.

(edited)
Nice link Kurtz.. It is true, some people are born that way.  Fact.  Sure some people "choose" to be homosexual, but some can't help it.  And we sit here and tell them they are condemned and wrong.  Times they are a changin...  Watch Out! :)

watch...did you pay attention to the article?

:P

look at the last statement:

"These discoveries lend credence to the idea that being transgender --- feeling that one has been born into the body of the wrong sex -- is a state of mind.
they're saying that it's in the head...not that homosexuality is genetic.

now we could continue on this topic and discuss how powerful a state of mind is....but I don't really feel like getting into something that deep today........but I will say that our mind and thoughts can have ALOT of control over us even when we don't want it to....

*edit*

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!!!

sorry to come to such a big stop there....I myself just reread teh first sentence

Sexual identity is wired into the genes, which discounts the concept that homosexuality and transgender sexuality are a choice

am I the only one who see's a disagreement in those two quotes? in one they say it's genetic, in the other they say it's a state of mind. (which to me means they're saying "It's in your head")

maybe they just need to use different words at the end there.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

Yeah, that does sound like the two statements are contradictory. I won't really get into this discussion here because I am sure my stance on this (and it is fairly rigid) would offend some people and that is not my goal. I just want to love people and let them know that there is a God who loves them too, just as they are.

article on Christian reaction to Homosexuality

this is a very good article....it made me think when I read it last week.

best statement in it is:

Many Christians have a great way of dealing with happys and lesbians: "We love you, but we hate your sin," we say, proud of our keen discernment - and diplomatic - abilities. But maybe God just wants us to stop at "We love you." And maybe He's content to handle the rest.

all I can say is that for every Christian who truly follows the "I Love you" mindset.......there will be 10,000 "Christians" who give that 1 Christian a bad name.

Yeah Kurtz, i've thought about that.. and I Know that some people just can't help but being who they are.. Have any of you actually grown up with a "happy" person? They are Definitely different.. Before they made any Choice. i know. Talk about having a rigid opinion! Believe me.

No two ppl are the same Dweez.. Effiminate does not mean happy obviously. happy does not always mean effeninate. Just try to tell me a 7 year old makes some concious decision about being happy.. :) Nothing is black and white. It's not that easy. I know a few guys that should have just plain and simple been a woman lol. Probably a few women as well if I thought about it. My big thing is condemning a person for something thats out of their control. i don't know what it would take for me to look at it any different way. I guess in no way with my experiences I could. Now to think that this may be happening for a reason like God is trying to thin the population in some cruel way, or just "selective extinction?" is another thing. God would work in a mysterious way. We do need to get past the part that they are sinning and going to hell beacuse in reality they are people too. With the same feelings and emotions like us. Let us live our lives not in judgement and stereotypes. Although we all do it :P Missed the Southpark :) I dont think I've watched it all season <_<