Matrix Revolutions

Raven

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the movie last night.

(I blame gooters excellent explanation for it)

Bottom line was that i was pleasantly surprised. It still sucked, but not as bad as I expected, and definately not as bad as M2. And the music totally rocked...too bad Itunes doesn't have it.

My thoughts on the the Smith exploding are like Goot said...only w/out the purpose bit. I think that when Neo reached the source, the Matrix reloaded, and viola!

All in all, cool psycho babble aside, I thought the movie was lame. The acting was horrible, the script was bad (FOR YOU NEO!!!!!). The cheesieness factor was over the top (spoon kid: I never finished the training program. old fighter guy: Neither...did...I...). The death of trinity was dumb (notice how the metal things that supposedly pierced her kept moving around whlie she laid ther...), and the final fight with Agent Smith was one big Dragonball Z rip off.

My friend said he swears he saw the golden snitch during the final battle scene.

Also, IMO, that wasn't the spoon boy. In M2, the guy said neo saved him, but in M1 we see that he had already been liberated from the Matrix, just waiting to mature enough in the knowledge to be "unplugged".

w00t a nice job on what went on and what it was all about.....also am i hearing things or is rumored there are still more movies to come?

oh yeah anyone else kinda feel like they just watch a new age version of the bible?

Dweez,

It looked like an emp effect. Not that it is but seems a bit strange to me that the emp powers down all the machines and thats just what Neo did to the sents. Coinscidence that it was an emp that downed the fleet bane was with?

Coinsidence that they both go into coma. I don't buy the Neo went into coma and therfore so did bane.

Bane cut himself yet you don't see neo saying OUCH!

believe me, I'm discussing this because I don't have it figured out so it may suddenly click with me. :)

I tend to get the ideal expressed that what ever bane is doing NEO HAS done. I don't see neo as a cyborg. I see him as a program written by the oracle and arc who uploaded to a human brain....thus after neo and smith are connected smith uploads to a human brain. Neo flys...so does smith. The only thing smith does that neo does not show to do is copying. Does this mean neo can't copy? no, it does not demand that either. He just might not be meant to do that.

I find that a theme in the movie is that there is some exactness to the story. Such as when they first meet the oracle a lady opens the door before they even knock and she says "hello neo, your right on time".

also at the merovingians restaraunt the host looks at his watch and says ahhh yes he's been expecting you.

I got the sense that it was the same time in the past matrix' that this happened.

Also the arcitect says interesting "that was faster than before". So while neo shows a bit of difference I understand an implication that its NEAR exact.

also note that it finally clicked with me concerening the vase. The vase is not a prediction of the oracle. Because she seems to be a prophet I thought that she was predicting his knocking the vase based on the past 5 matrix'. But in fact she is controlling neo. Thats why she responds "whats really going to bake your noodle is would still have broken it if I wouldnt have told you". This is exactly as the arcitect states "but not beyone a measure of control".

She was showing neo that she had a measure of control on him. anyone see this or am I losing my mind :)

Auggy

I liked the 3rd one. It was pretty cool. Although I am kind'a sick of the Matrix-style fighting in movies these days. The fight at the end of SWAT was the best fight scene I've seen since Rocky4(Attack of the terminator russian). SWAT's scene at the end was cool cause it was just straight up knuckle-bustin brawlin. But I did like the third Matrix. All the scenes of the present-day world outside the Matrix was really interesting.

ok here it is gooters,

I don't think bane went into coma when neo did. One being that the shipped (hammond or hammer) that picked up morph, trin, and link had already picked up bane and he was already out cold.

It seems like when neo did his hand emp thingy with the sents that that was well after the battle had taken place that bane had messed up. If they (band and neo) fell into coma at the same time then the time line is all jacked up.

The hammer (what ever the ship is called) picked up bane first before they found morph trin, link and neo. so if they did go outcold then the battle happened just before neo did his emp thingy and it was just around the corner???

I'm now convinced Bane did the same thing neo did. He did it before neo did his abracadabra. The hammer first picked up bane who was already in coma...then they ran into the nebachzzer crew of which neo had just fell into the coma.

What do you think of me now hahahahahahaha I'm frikin CRAZY!

I agree with lance about the fighting. It gets a little old. Too much slow motion too I think. I have to hand the Terminator 3 crane scene for the best action yet. That scene was just awsome. Anyone else got some

great action scenes?

Auggy

I again say that Bane/Smith didn't do the same thing as Neo. I believe he just set off the ship's emp early, knocking out all of the other ships just prior to the Squiddies getting into range thus making the ships defenseless against them. Also, I don't think Neo's was an emp blast because we hear nothing about the nearby ship being knocked out of commission. But of course, we may never know.

dweez, I'm not bent on it being an emp. moreso that it was like an emp being it disable the machines.

I understand what your saying about bane/smith setting it off but how fast did the hammer (what ever the ship is called) get from there to neo?

Bane was already in coma when the hammer picked him up. They stated that they found him like that so they couldn't ask him any questions. If he fell into coma when neo did then the hammer found smith about 200 yards from nebech. loaded him up traveled about 200 yards and said ohhh look.

not!

They found him some distance from neo and it took some time to get from banes site to neos site. Unless neo was in coma for some time before being rescued but thats not was depicted in the movie. In the movie during the time the nebech is being destroyed (neo is not in coma) the hammer probably already has bane loaded on the ship and is in movement towards them. Then the sentinels go after neo...neo blasts em...then the hammer comes.

so bane was well into his coma before neo. OR if not then its just a inconsistency of time.

Auggy

Too much blah blah...

The Hammer simply passed the massacre to search for 'survivors.' In no instance did the movie say that Neo and Smith had to being doing the same thing...just that one is balancing the equation and one in unbalancing it. I don't see a big deal if one or the other is in a coma before the other one is, its a movie and there will always be time and little silly mistakes. First movie had a bunch of em...take in about every scene with sunglasses and you can see crew reflection in them. I just say that Neo wasn't ready for his powers and that led to his coma(visa vi...TrainStation) and Bane on the other hand, was in an acutal coma...

As for the Hammer...Time did pass between the two events...but I don't concern myself to go as deep as Auggy is going. ^_^

hahahahaha

I'm sorry guys. It's just that M1 was like one of my fav sci-fi's of all time. I felt it joined the ranks of other greats like Star wars and terminator or alien. Very few directors make great sci-fi's like these movies and Matrix is def among the elite.

I'm in way too deep raven......SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auggy :=