Fav movies

lance

auggy...I was talking about the mensjournal.com list posted above

as for LOTR...the ONLY reason Sauron hasn't won yet is because he's not fully back yet...when they cut off his finger and took the ring from him it basically sent him into a spirit world...

when they cut the ring from his finger before that was the LAST ALLIANCE of men and elves...meaning pretty much every single fighting man alive was there and it was a last ditch effort....Sauron's not really gonna make that mistake again and stick his hand in front of a sword...

also, if you don't like LOTR...fine...but don't sit here and try to tell us why we shouldn't like it either...if you want to pick it apart I'd prefer you keep it to yourself because you are taking away your joy in seeing it AND mine.

(btw that wasn't me yelling or anything...just stating a feeling)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh playya bad mistake bro,

the worst thing you can do to another adult is telling him either keep it to yourself or shut up!

The answers NO, I won't. I find the movies to be unreasonable (exception of golum) and boring. I stated earlier I have no sympathies for Conan the barbarin, Zeena the princess warrior, he-man and skeletor, the beastmaster and shows of the likes. I didn't even like excalibur which some people deem great. I find fantasy movies a bit lame.

However LOTR is the best of them by far. I don't find em stupid except for the point I'm making. I find the camera angles to be great. Music (score) is great. Acting is high, dialouge is weak from the humans. Elves and hobbits dialouge is much less dramatic (no overkill). If you pay attention to overkill on drama you'll notice the humans doing it.

but overall a well filmed movie except I think Peter Jackson is weak. I feel the movies could have been better. Now if that makes you cry in your bed at night then grow up man. It's just one mans opinion so don't let it shatter your little world you live in. Enjoy the movie. Heak you could tell me star wars sucks! Some people do. I love em and I don't care if you think they do suck, episodes 4,5, and 6 I think are tops.

Now back to my point (no I won't keep it to myself)

again if you don't like it DONT READ IT! simple math again dude, figure it out.

P.S. playaa, I like you so if it sounds like I'm being rude it's only because its rude to tell people keep it to yourself.

we reap what we sow, if you are mean to people then they will be mean to you.

The problem is with the bad guy. Why doens't he just march to take over now? So the answer is because he doesn't have the ring? Well if his point is to get the ring to become all powerful so he can take over middle earth (accoriding to gandalf) then he's obviously not strong enough to take em on. If he doesn't need the ring to take his enemy on then the rings not all that important (as gandalf says) in reguards to taking all of middle earth.

Seriously its not all that hard to figure out. Again I'll ask "does the books shed some light on this"...

I know C.S. Lewis was a brilliant writer and I can only believe that J.R.R. tolkein was the same. So if the books help out with this then please tell.

OUT!

Auggy

Edited by auggybendoggy

I'm gonna try this again.

as for LOTR...the ONLY reason Sauron hasn't won yet is because he's not fully back yet...when they cut off his finger and took the ring from him it basically sent him into a spirit world...
As of now Sauron is working hard to fight his way back from this spirit world or wherever he is (he's basically in spirit form) so he has SOME control of this world through his armies and whatnot, but he has no body to fully show all of his power. Also if I remember correctly, the ring would provide him with the power needed to return to this world...without it he might never return (don't know for sure). So right now the humans and few elves that are still fighting are working their tails off to stay alive long enough so that Frodo can destroy the ring. Even after the ring is destroyed it's no garauntee they can still win, but the likelyhood is greater because Sauron will just be a powerful creature instead of overpowering to the greatest mages of all time and his followers will be afraid (because orcs and the like are only tough when they have someone tougher standing behind them...like bullies). Another thing to note, the ring can only be destroyed in the place it was created...Saurons mountain (which is a volcano) but at the same time that's exactly where Sauron needs it to go to help him become fully powerful again.

Also, I wasn't rude to you in any way. I asked you to stop picking apart the movies, especially when I already gave you the answer you're looking for, though you chose to ignore it. We're discussing movies here and you start throwing out insults when I try to help out? You said it perfectly:

Now if that makes you cry in your bed at night then grow up man.

Of course the book further explains these things and if you really want to know these answers (and aren't just trying to start some crap online like most trolls) then go read them. Have you seen how long the movies are already? If they put every part of the books in there we'd have about 6 movies that were each 3 hours...and they'd tend to be boring. Go read the books and you'll see how utterly amazing Peter Jackson is at telling the most important parts of the story without making it drawn out. Besides, I say if he can go from making "Meet the Feebles" to making these movies...he's either 1) insane or 2) a genious.

oh and the new star wars movies DO suck. The old ones were some of the best of all time. I STILL get chills when watching Luke come out from under the dark stairs and scream "NOOOO!!" and that music gets bigger and the fight gets more frantic....one of the best film moments of all time.

playya,

If you don't like me picking the movies DONT READ IT MAN.

The crying in bed is a comment trying to express WHAT THE HEAK DO YOU CARE IF I HATE THESE MOVIES OR LOVE EM.

Again get over it if someone says "they suck" its all subjective bro. I certainly don't think your a child but don't let others bring you down man. Stiffen up and remember "auggybendoggy" is no one. Phyzer23 is a loser. (ooops sorry phyz).

So no hard feelings. We all have these problems of hearing opinions and getting offeneded just rem i suck at CS.

I KNOW FOR A FACT P. JACKSON IS MORE OF A DIRECTOR THAN I EVER COULD BE. I've never read the books so it's hard for me to guage if he's done a good job telling.

now concerning the answer you gave.

Again Gandalf does not (in the movies) seem to express if we rid of the ring we still lose. He expressed that there hope is in the 2 hobbits destroying the ring. This hope is that if the ring is destroyed sauron will not become SO POWERFUL.

that they (gandalf) don't stand a chance. But if the ring is destroyed they stand a chance? The idea I understand is that the ring is the main power. But if infact the orcs are a match for the elves then the ring is not the main power. All sauron would have to do is build a bit of a bigger army and then wipe em out (no ring needed). Certainly the Idea expressed in the movie is THE RING IS NEEDED. I never get the sense "he doesnt need the ring". I understood (humbly speaking that I may have missed the punch line) he needs the ring to become manifest and become all powerful. Much like anyone who wears it long enough they would be possesed by sauron.

So when you say he doesnt need the ring to kick butt then I say he's a fool for not kicking butt before he gets the ring. If you say he needs the ring to give him the edge over the evenly matched armys then I say its just as before. The humans will cut his finger off and he'll get dusted just like before.

Sorry playya it seems a bit screwy.

but like I said before...he's not going to repeat those same mistakes and just let anyone get near him IF he gets the ring back.

Also, like I said before (again), when they defeated him before it was the last alliance of men and elves...the armies they had were at LEAST twice the size of what they can muster now and even back then they BARELY won...now the elves have abandoned mankind so the humans and hobbits and the few dwarves and elves that remain to help are doing their best to destroy the ring before Sauron ever gets ahold of it...because they know that with the ring they stand NO CHANCE....without the ring they STILL might not win...but like I said, Sauron isn't at full power yet so he can't just walk out and wipe them from the planet and he isn't going to TRY wiping them out when he still has a chance to wipe them out without major losses on his side.

you're not a strategy/war games fan are you?

:D

playya,

I'm not sure what you mean strategy/war games. You make it sound like one or the other.

My guess is you mean strategic war games. It depends. If it is clever I do. I no you keep repeating yourself about sauron but it doesnt rest well for a good story for me. I see Legolas shoot an arrow in a orcs eye while riding a shield down some stairs and I think if elves can shoot like that then shoot all his fingers off. Heak, shoot his arm off. It just seems weak to say he needs the ring but when he got it he got his @#$@#$ kicked. I think the ring is not all that.

I think they're scared of their own imaginations. Again I repeat myself. If his army is close to evenly matched that the good guys are staying alive (bee gees style) then his army is not all that strong. If his army is not that strong then I expect him to be just like the last time (a whimp). I would just laugh if in the last movie sauron gets the ring and gets beat a second time. That would just be hilarious. Nevertheless Tolkein must have thought this stuff all out. I HOPE.

Now concerning your take on star wars.

totally agree, Lucas botched it up by being to prideful about directing them. LET SOMEONE ELSE DO IT!

I get the same feeling when luke and vader are fighting. Sometimes when I'm at the movies they show this preview clip of all these old classics and for about 2 seconds they show Luke and Vader going at it (return of the Jedi) and I like you get this cool feeling of "ohhh man those were the good ol days".

I love when luke first meets Yoda, dude yoda is sooo funny. But I love the philosophies Lucas lays down in his story.

Like when Yoda is on Lukes back and luke asks..."is the dark side stronger?" Yoda replies "no!".

Through out the series you get this feeling that the dark side is stronger but that statement gives you hope for luke.

Similar to real life. Sometimes we get overwhelmed when we see how aggressive sin is but God assures us it is not stronger. I dig that.

Auggy

Wow, my "favorite top 5 movies" post turned into Auggy and Playaa arguing. You don't have to stop arguing, just can't do it here. Move along, now. Talk about top5 movies of all time, poke fun about someone having Babe in their list, and call it a day :P:D

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

lol auggy i think you lost.. your post hardly make sense lately and mostly contradict yourself...check this out what you posted...

(Why doens't he just march to take over now? So the answer is because he doesn't have the ring? Well if his point is to get the ring to become all powerful so he can take over middle earth (accoriding to gandalf) then he's obviously not strong enough to take em on. If he doesn't need the ring to take his enemy on then the rings not all that important (as gandalf says) in reguards to taking all of middle earth) <--auggy..

ok now read that again auggy... ok now read it one more time.. you understand what you said there? you pretty much said the same thing twice just in diff context. this part for instance....

-------- Well if his point is to get the ring to become all powerful so he can take over middle earth (accoriding to gandalf) then he's obviously not strong enough to take em on-----

obviously hes not strong enough right now.. thats the reason why he wants the ring.. WHEN HE HAS THE RING HE WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH.. UNDERSTAND?

And the ring is "important" because he needs it to "take his enemy on"

gj reread the nonsense you posted!

I totally get where you're coming from Auggy...but the part you're missing (or not understanding) is this:

It just seems weak to say he needs the ring but when he got it he got his @#$@#$ kicked.

he DIDN'T get his hind-end whomped (no idea why I said it that way).

it was ONE LUCKY STROKE! Without that one lucky stroke he WOULD have killed every good being in Middle Earth.

Which is why I said he WON'T repeat that same mistake again. He won't stand over the king with a cocky look on his face and give the evil-guy laugh (MUAHAHAHA!)

He'll just hold his hand in his armpit and send his minions to FINALLY kill mankind.

:)

so like rev said...he ISN'T strong enough now because he needs the ring...without the ring then good can win...if he has the ring...he's not going to make the mistake of sticking his finger under a knife blade again so good WON'T win since that is the ONLY way to beat him when he has the ring.

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

close this topic .... playaa you win (w/ my help). Auggy you get demoted to noob status.

still disagree, rev if you pay attention you will see there is a difference. You have to go a little deeper into the logics. Suddenly a light will appear and you'll say OH DUDE i get it now. its simple math again. Even playaa is following. So do the simple math and then give me your thoughts like playaa. Cause honselty its hard to think of the first battle being won on a lucky swing of a sword. If it just took a little luck to kill this dude then hes a bigger whimp then he is a threat.

One more time for rev. (the simplified version)

first argument

a) sauron gets ring

B) sauron fight with ring and gets beat down like a red headed step child

conclusion - ring didnt do a thing for him

now in the present time of LOTR

sauron want ring again for a second shot

his armys cannot win alone - why? obviously they are matched by the good guys meaning the fight is even

sauron gets ring

(unlike the first time when he had the ring) 50 men cant jump him and kill him? Why?

This is the question I'm looking for. Is he like magical? If so why'd he go swinging his sword the first time?

I say if he swings a sword again hes gonna get beat down again.

Also why doesnt Gandalf just call that big mug hawk to eat the dude alive. That bird was huge. Again this has alot to do with my hating excalibur, conan, zeena, beastmaster and movies like that. I just can't stand fantasy. But that doesnt mean the movies are bad (in my opinion) it just seems to be a weak story concerning the power of the bad guy.

Auggy

still disagree, rev if you pay attention you will see there is a difference.  You have to go a little deeper into the logics.  Suddenly a light will appear and you'll say OH DUDE i get it now.  its simple math again.  Even playaa is following.  So do the simple math and then give me your thoughts like playaa.  Cause honselty its hard to think of the first battle being won on a lucky swing of a sword.  If it just took a little luck to kill this dude then hes a bigger whimp then he is a threat.

One more time for rev. (the simplified version)

first argument

a) sauron gets ring

B) sauron fight with ring and gets beat down like a red headed step child

conclusion - ring didnt do a thing for him

now in the present time of LOTR

sauron want ring again for a second shot

his armys cannot win alone - why?  obviously they are matched by the good guys meaning the fight is even

sauron gets ring

(unlike the first time when he had the ring) 50 men cant jump him and kill him?  Why?

This is the question I'm looking for.  Is he like magical?  If so why'd he go swinging his sword the first time?

I say if he swings a sword again hes gonna get beat down again. 

Also why doesnt Gandalf just call that big mug hawk to eat the dude alive.  That bird was huge.  Again this has alot to do with my hating excalibur, conan, zeena, beastmaster and movies like that.  I just can't stand fantasy.  But that doesnt mean the movies are bad (in my opinion) it just seems to be a weak story concerning the power of the bad guy.

Auggy

again you make the wrong assumption that Sauron was beaten easily

you say that you can't beat him by luck? Show me one story where the weak good guys were trying to overcome the strong bad guy and DIDN'T win with some luck involved? That's the nature of fantasy...it's not really true to life all the time.

as for present time LOTR...look at it this way.

1) Sauron begins to come back to this world

2) Ring realizes he's trying to come back and wants to go to him (this is when Gollum lost the ring and Bilbo got it)

3) All the strength Sauron can muster is put into effecting this world somehow and building an army (we actually never know HOW he effects this world...we just assume he's like a spirit or something)

4) his tiny army (Ring Wraiths at this point) are sent out to get the ring

5) he continues to gain strength as the ring get's closer to him (i.e. the trip to destroy the ring)

6) his armies get bigger as he continues to grow in strength

7) the peoples of the world are fighting hard, but losing to his armies (actually it's mostly at a standstill at this point)

8) IF he gets the ring then he will be fully back and then his armies will break the standstill and overcome

9) IF he DOESN'T get the ring and it's destroyed...he will either be killed or sent back to the spirit world or wherever (without the power of the ring to help him back ever)

10) if he goes away his armies will falter because HE is their strength and without him they're just a bunch of bullies. (i.e. good wins)

all I can say is why in the world did you even watch these movies if you know you don't like Fantasy? I mean I hate sappy romances...y'know what I do? I don't watch em.

:P

cause i was told the story was one of the greatest (from those who read the books). So I gave the first one a chance.

The 2nd one I enjoyed the first time alot ONLY because of golum. That dude rocks. Excellect work on the character.

but if he wasnt in the movie I'd say its another mortal kombat with much better acting.

Aug

actually...I hafta agree with you.

I DON'T think LOTR is one of the greatest stories...I tried reading the books a total of 6 times and ALWAYS got bored and put them down. Sometimes around book 2, sometimes in the beginning...I never made it to 3...

I do however think the movies are some of the best movies ever made...even IF I don't totally enjoy the story (although it's 1,000 times better than in the books IMHO)....they have everything, good acting, sweet action, comedy, great special effects that AREN'T over the top (Jar Jar Binks is NOTHING compared to Gollum)

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

auggy your angry cuz of your childhood... express your feelings.. let it all out..

never saw the God's must be crazy 2...and only saw part of 1...found it boring.

^_^

here's my revised list in no particular order

1) Braveheart

2) Forrest Gump

3) Origional Star Wars Trilogy

4) LOTR Trilogy

5) The Great Escape/Aliens (they tie at the moment)

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

1. Scarface

2. Bady Boys Triology (I and II) hehe

3. Office Space

4. Unusual Suspect

5. Blue Streak

I like a lot of movies, but i picked the ones i like to take lines from the most.

Oh como one playaa....

First LOTR now your wrong about The gods must be crazy. Dude those movies are some of the funniest movies made to date. The bushmen RULE!!!!

I remember the first 40 min of the 1st one was a bit boring but dude keep watching and watch it with friends, youll laugh soooooo hard.

Gotta say these are 2 of my fav all times comedies.

Oh yea what about vacation when they tie the dead grandma up to the roof of the station wagon with some bunjee cords....hahahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THATS FUNNY!

Aug