Dinosaurs, get your Dinosaurs here...

Watchtower

Then why would God say put em in the ark so they can repopulate the earth?

Is God somewhat a silly God?  I don't buy that reason.

Sorry :)

You gotta start believing something Thomas. ;)

And no, Enoch is not older than Methusaleh. Enoch received his new body and is with Jesus so time has no meaning for him now.

Couldn't an alligator be considered a modern day dinosaur? This is not a "law" or some governing body is saying that the komodo is a dinosaur, it's more a matter of perception.. Just a big lizard like the rest.. Komodo happens to be the biggest still alive on the planet..

this is just something my sister mentioned to me yesterday.

ever heard the theory that folks back in Biblical times (Old Testament that is) lived a long time? Well if that's true (which the Bible seems to support that) and if it's true that men were much larger at that time as well (think Goliath, the Nephilim, the Anakim and all the other peoples from Canaan) why can't the same be said for the Dinosaurs? I mean a lizard today NEVER stops growing...if a Komodo dragon could live for 300 years do you know how large it would be?

I mean we have NO IDEA what kind of effect the canopy of water had on our climate...we don't know what it would do to creatures living in it...so I don't get how it can be so hard to believe that Dinosaurs are just big lizards...(there is no scientific evidence that Birds and Dino's are related...there is THEORY but that's far from fact)

Dinosaurs Were big lizards.. You weren't inferring that I believed something different did you? AS a matter of fact I believe all reptiles and birds descend from these ancient creatures.. AS far as birds and reptiles go, they both have scales and claws.. Thats enough for me to know that they are more closely related to reptiles than we are.. That's all I'm saying.. And lizards Do stop growing.. What do you mean playaa? THere are definite boudaries on how big any given species can get.. Old world Chameleons for example wont grow any larger than 3 feet no matter how long we live.. Just as humans stop growing.. None of us will never grow into a goliath.. Now a race that was taller I can believe.. THat would explain the freak genes that pop up ever now and again and make a human 7ft or better... Tallest human ever? Ralph Wadlow 8"11 woot. Oh yeah I read that angels had intercourse with humans to create the giants! :o

I found another nice website as well.. I'll just post a quote.. "Can you list any examples of missing links? The most classic example of a transitional fossil is that of Archaeopteryx. This animal possessed both avian (bird) and reptilian characteristics" Still no relation?

:twitch:

Actually Watch, some animals do still continue to grow until they die. Alligators will continue to grow and I have heard it said that pre-deluvian (before the flood) they were the largest animals. Also, goldfish will grow to accommodate their habitat. Put them in a larger fish tank and they get bigger.

I have also heard it said that the fallen angels had "relations" with human women to create the Nephilim and that Goliath was supposedly an ancestor of them.

"Growth rates slow down as the alligators become older" .. And they live about the lifespan of humans.. 70-100 years.. it's true they never really stop growing.. I'm sure at one time there were giant alligators... There are actually fossils of these.. http://users2.ev1.net/~rickubis/rickskull1.jpg :o I think that's about as big as they've ever been but who knows! They are truely dinosaurs..

yep that is a sweet image Watch...where'd ya find it?

and I was only posting the growth thing as a "food for thought"...I don't personally believe it or disbelieve it...I just heard it a couple days ago for the first time.

:P

as for the angels gettin freaky with women...that's 1 verse in the Bible and translated into english it is something like "had relations"...but that doesn't necissarily mean they got it on...(doesn't mean they didn't either)...I mean look at Mary...nowhere does it say her and God had some "good times"...but she still got pregnant...

and the Anakim and Nephilim were two of the giant races...the Anakim have always interested me ever since Frank Perretti's book "Tombs of Anak" (it's a young adult book so you probably won't enjoy it too much...then again I STILL think it's a fun book to read)...they were a race of 6 fingered giants (there is evidence of them in other cultures as well...I think the Syrian's have writings about them)...they were in Canaan when the Isrealites left Egypt and were the enemies of the Isrealites there.

btw...just found this out.

Nephilim is the hebrew word for giant...it's just left untranslated in our Bibles for some reason...dunno why.

*edit*

wait...it means "fallen ones" not giant...and most "Bible Scholars" (I hate the sound of that) believe they were the children of women and demon possessed men.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

odd...another interesting note:

sons of God is also used in that verse and check this:

Rulers in ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia often proclaimed themselves as "sons of God" to enhance their power and prestige. So, another view with much support is that the "sons of God" were power-hungry rulers and despots, who, in their hunger for power and influence, took many wives in polygamy. They, and their offspring, through tyranny, became "mighty men."
here's the verse:
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown." (Genesis 6:4 RSV)

and Genesis 10:8

And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.

so it seems as if we (as humans) are putting words in the mouth of the Bible (I've heard people claim the Nephilim were aliens)...seems like it COULD just mean the sons of powerful men...

Here ya go.. This is what I was atlking about.. "Should the phrase "sons of God" be interpreted as angels or humans?

Let the Bible interpret the Bible. The phrase "sons of God" appears three more times in the Old Testament (Job 1:6, Job 2:1, Job 38:7), and they always refer to angels.

Therefore, "sons of God" in Genesis 6:2 should be interpreted with the same consistency. We should not interpret it as "humans" just so that it "makes more sense".

Also, when something is a "son of God", it means that that thing was created directly by God, not by means of procreation. Angels were created directly by God. Christians are also called "sons of God" because their spirits have been recreated directly by the power of God.

Hence, Genesis 6 is saying that fallen angels had sexual intercourse with women, who then gave birth to the giants."

from this page.. http://sg.geocities.com/saltandlight5/giants.html

what about Hosea 1:10?

"sons of the living God"

not the exact same verbage but the same words nonetheless.

also did you read those 3 verses in Job? they are as vague as the verse in question...not once do they SAY that the "sons of God" in them were angels...so where does your source get it's information from?

btw that link is rather interesting...but if you keep reading it's just one mans interpretation and OPINION of what those verses mean (and why the flood came about)

he has little fact to support his claims...which in the case of what we're studying is probably the norm. but I'm just pointing out that his word isn't law on this subject.

the only reason I'm looking at this is just to learn and because it interests me...so good find...he's got a cool idea about why the flood happened.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

Also, you need to read Job carefully (I don't know the particular verses in question though) cuz while I believe the Bible is inerrant (no errors or contradictions) I do believe that, especially in Job (since his "friends" are trying to convince him he angered God somehow with his sins), that when a person is quoted, what they have been quoted as saying can contain errors, i.e., like I said above, Job's friends said a lot of inccorrect things regarding God and Job's position with God.