extreme lag

SemperFi

battlefield has always lagged for me that why i enver really played it. but i downloaded desert combat and wanted to give bf another try for me. i still get the same lag :( most of the time in areas without a lot of combat i get good lag but every once in a while i just lag and cant even move. and it gets worse in areas with a lot of activity. sometimes i cant move for a minute or 2

this makes no sense because my ping was at 22 any ideas would be greatly appericated

thanks,

Sempa

Desert combat can be a ram eater, but can be tweaked to be playable even with some of the lesser cards. Try turning off shadows, environment mapping, and lightmaps. Also take a look at a couple threads down at my "for those that don't know thread" to look at how to show all available refresh rates at your available resolutions. Also look to see if there are some drivers out that are specific to your monitor rather than the standard windows plug in and play drivers.

I have another computer setup here at my house for when some friends are over and it runs DC amazingly well for the specs:

996 Mhz Celeron

512 MB ram

64 MB Geforce 2 mx 400 (and it's a PCI mind you)

and I run it at 800x600 32 bit

I would recommend keeping the 32 bit and just dropping the resolution as needed for smooth gameplay. 16 gives you quite a bit of flickering from buildings and such, especially if you are flying.

Just toy with it a bit if you must have visual appeasment. If you want more detail then you may have to sacrifice some reso in order to do so. You'll find a happy medium. I have a 9800 xt and I still have framrate issues when urbansiege comes up, that map will need tweaked in the next update or they will need to get the game up to the cards standards.