Adam and Eve..

Watchtower

"ye are not of this world" is directed at the 12 disciples and is widely accepted as referring to christians of any age. "World" in the Bible is generally referring to those not of the Christian faith or sometimes a "worldly system" that is anti-christian.

Again, you can make the Bible say whatever you want it to. I heard a preacher preach a sermon saying it is righteous to be fat... he did it to emphasize that very point (misinterpretation). Is that God's fault? You have to remember, Watch, that the Bible has had to survive 2000 years, many translations, be understandable to many different civilizations, ages, and cultures... and your complaining that wacko's can make it say something even when a logical mind can easily interpret the real meaning?

Its like blaming the gun for the murder.

Well without the gun, I couldn't have shot it.. But then I would have gotten a knife.. Or would that be too hard? Pulling a trigger is so much easier.. Blaming the gun for the higher murder rate is valid in my book.. No guns = it's harder to just kill someone therefore. THat is neither her nor there.. Hmm. One more thing is people aren't interpreting Buddahs teachings for wrong doing.. That kind of stuff just isn't there.. Like the clear cut wrong and right. Punishments and the fear of eternal damnation. This is very stong stuff and will obviously make people act in very strong ways.. I'm going to have to start a new topic now..

wow missed this topic for a few days. Um my question still wasnt answered. Or maybe it was watch. I asked if you thoguht the BIBLE allowed racisim. Not if it could be used in such a way as to make a referance for racisim. I dont think it does, in fact 3 John 1:9-11 says this:

9 I wrote something to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have first place among them, does not receive us. 10 This is why, if I come, I will remind him of the works he is doing, slandering us with malicious words. And he is not satisfied with that! He not only refuses to welcome the brothers himself, but he even stops those who want to do so and expels them from the church. 11 Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. The one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.

I dont know and dont really have the time to just sit here and find stuff, but im sure playaa does......

jane

Yeah I can't really find anything supporting that those kind of actions.. Never said they weren't kooks :) It's also the fact that half the south back in the day could be so predudiced yet still be so "christian". And to this day. Half the country probably.