Adam and Eve..

Watchtower

So Cain and Abel married their sisters? Actually from what I understand, Abel killed Cain, then didn't Abel die? Then came Seth? And Seth had a bunch of children from which mankind rose from? This is very cofusing to me.. And where does it say Adam and Eve had many more children?

Watch, this question is near imposs for any literalist to answer w/o sounding WEAK!

I wonder about this issue to. Of course I tend to think Genesis might be allegorical in a way that it

conveys the facts about what really happened. I don't feel threated by thinking non-literally of Genesis' creation story.

Aug

just noticed this topic.

basically Genesis doesn't mention other children than Cain, Abel and Seth...but that doesn't mean they didn't have other children. According to geneologies folks in that time lived ALOT longer...so more children HAD to come out of them.

besides...Adam was a man and Eve didn't know what a headache was yet.

:D

It most certainly does..

"Some of the members of the KKK go to church and some don't. But even if you don't go to church every Sunday, you still have to believe in Jesus and be a Christian to join The Knights."

Or at least say you do.. Why do you think they do not like Jews? They killed Jesus.. No other reason..

And what about this? "The Bible says not to adulterate your blood (race mix), but then they do and white people get closer and closer to extinction."

I could do some more research and show you but most of their doctrine is based on passages in the bible against homosexual and race mixing...

This might be going to far but do you realize Adolph Hitler claimed to be a christian of devout faith? He blamed the Jews for killing Jesus.

Some quotes from Hitler.. "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

"Another popular one is this, from a speech in 1922:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter."

Hitler also devoted alot of his time to finding the Holy Grail..

Any thoughts on this? All i have time for now..

just because those men say they're doing God's work doesn't mean the BIBLE supports racism...and that's what we're working on...give us verses from the Bible that support it...and I'll bet we can easily refute them if you happen to find any.

The "stoning" of the homosexuals.. In biblical times an action like that was morally OK.. Nowadays it's not.. Where does it say in the bible about "mixing blood"? I'm not sure but anything I've ever heard from the KKK is based on scripture.. I'll find some stuff.. Bottom line it is powerful when interpreted and when supposed to be taken seriously, it causes alot of damage.. More to come, stay tuned.. Oh Fatty, what are you finding hilarious? Elaborate...

The Bible says to not be unequally yoked which has often been misinterpreted and used as support against interratial relationships. My interpretation of that phrase is in reference to Christians dating non-Christians (more often then not the Christians relationship with God suffers) and/or Christians of different callings having a relationship (such as someone called to missions in Africa and someone who feels they are called to say inter-city Detroit).

Well there ya go.. I would think that if a "non-christian" married a "christian" that would give the Non-christian a chance to save themselves.. But whatever.. Here ya go.. "Southern clergymen, who resisted scientific racism before the war, clearly broke from the past by embracing it after the war. Genovese claimed that Southern ministers were quick to embrace Imperialism as a substitute for the ideals and visions of the proslavery world view. Imperialism provided the allure of a white-dominated world. After the war, Southern parishioners were no longer overly concerned with the salvation of blacks and their status. Racial segregation in churches accompanied a growing apathy among whites to the religious condition of blacks. Interestingly, contemporary Sunday worship services are the most segregated element of American society."

The whole southern half of the nation.. And still to this day.

Something about the canaananites? About them being enslaved and the world ahting them? Whats this about?

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hatet you. If ye were of the world , the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but i have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that i said unto you, the servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persucuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saing, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name?s sake, because they know not him that sent me."

John 15:18-21

Then you can take a look at this.. A modernalists view on the KKK.. http://www.myfreeessays.com/social_issues/024.shtml

http://www.geocities.com/newworldorder_the...yandracism.html

I thought you were blaming racial prejudice on the Bible?

So are you blaming it on the Bible, hedonistic maniacs who want to rule the world, racial hate groups that have no idea of right Bible interpretation, or the Catholic Church (the last link)?

This stuff is so typical to me. People want to blame my God, Bible, Church for things by taking HUGE leaps of logical reasoning.

Im sorry Watch, but this disgusts me.

Well if it weren't true.. The problem lies not with me but in the way that people can interpret your book and take it to an extreme.. Whenever something says something is absolutely wrong, then you will have bigots and wackos trying to enforce it.. Thats any set of beliefs.. ANd the fact that you are sick of hearing stuff like this tells me I'm not alone. Well I know i'm not because that's how it is. They may not be right, but who is to say any of us are? Did you look at that passage? Tell me your Interpretation of it..

And I'm not going to say I'm glad it disgust you, but I'm glad it got you to post for then I can see yet another voiced, and schooled opinion from a pious point of view.. Greg I really wish I had about 3 hours face to face with you.. ANd let me also say that what I post is not necessarily what I think.. I know that the people that take their religion to an extreme or completely out of context are mostly wackos. I'm just saying that it is posible to interpret the books to make them say what we want and feel good about it.. i would think there'd be a safety valve of sorts built in. To not allow this type of behavior. No matter which way you look at the the message is love. THat would be divine..

I would like to think that too Watch (the safety valve thing) but it all comes down to the fact that a lot of what the Bible states is in plain simple language. The problem is that everyone rationalizes their actions and even if an interpretation is way off base, if it pleases their agenda and gives them a warm fuzzy, they are happy. It doesn't matter how harebrained their interpretation is.

Maybe that came across wrong. Of course it disturbs me MORE when bigots and simpletons take scripture to support something that scripture never supported. I would just think that the average Joe (or above average in your case) could easily spot such blatent butchering.

And what passage are we debating exactly? I failed to see it.

Whats this about?

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hatet you. If ye were of the world , the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but i have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that i said unto you, the servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persucuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saing, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name?s sake, because they know not him that sent me."

John 15:18-21

Is this the passage you are referring to?

I dont see how you are saying that the Bible is supporting racism with this passage. It is saying that christians are different and that we as christians are to expect persecution because of our beliefs just as Christ suffered persecution.

That persecution comes in different forms. Nowadays we dont have to worry about physical so much although that was a major factor in ages past. We might have to face a little ridicule or something similar. Really nothing compared to what others have had to face.

Again, the teachings of the Bible are clearly evident when you compare scripture with scripture. Jesus plainly states that in the face of persecution we are not to respond the same way. We are rather to "do good", "pray for", and "love" the persecutor.

Well I do realize the "blatant butchering". I see how the passages Should be read if the goal is for the betterment of civilization or attaining salvation. But you see most have different ideas on what "betterment" actually is and make these assesments through guidance from a greater being(God, Bible, Koran, Torah, Buddah etc). The fact that the bible is Not clear in alot of what it's saying, or can be interpreted in different ways allows for wide variation on how people react to it. THat's what I don't like about it.. If you have two people that can agree on an interpretation that gives it that much more creedence. Then you have different huge sects that believe Their interpretation is right and who is to say? If God could let me use his words in a way I see fit, why Couldn't it be true? I for one would have to take a literalist approach as I find you do Rev more than most others. And I greatly respect you and your faith for doing so. Just so ya know ;) Oh and that passage, who is God referring to as "Not of this world"?