3 hours+2 hands+a little oak

ConGregation

I was planning on playing my new game (Mare Nostrum) Tuesday around six with some family. At around 2 I was looking at the rules to make sure I knew how to play it when I got to thinking about all the cards that were going to be a mess to handle and everyone had to get new cards every round and then put them all back. So I thought it would be neat to make a card holder... So I drew up some plans and went downstairs to see what I could do. I had it all glued and usable by the time they arrived, just didnt get it finished. I have yet to completely finish it.

DSC00143.JPG

DSC00150.JPG

DSC00155.JPG

I'm hoping that since the project is so small that any wood expansion will be minimal. All the grains are running together except for the bottom ends. For those I just put a dab of glue in the middle. I think it should be alright but I really dont know much about that stuff.

If I were to make it now I would change a couple of things. First I would make it so the bottom angled up so the cards would be more visible from front row to back. Second I think I should have used a "softer" hardwood like cherry or even walnut. Since it is a small project an expensive wood like that wouldnt be prohibitive. I just have a lot of oak downstairs.