Updates like WHOA!

Zeabos

COUNTER-STRIKE:

Fixed bug where shield would be invisible if a player picked the shield up immediately after throwing a grenade.

The round timer is now disabled when the bomb is planted.

The winning defensive team now gets the same amount of money whether they win by round timeout or not ($3250 instead of $2000)

Players on the offensive team who survive the round due to a round timeout no longer receive money the next round.

The Terrorists get an additional $800 per player if they plant the bomb but lose the round.

Fixed exploit where when a player died they could sometimes join the other team during the same round.

Holy crap! Look at the money changes! If you hide to save your gun you get NO money!

I heard a rumor that the para and dual elites will be "balanced" like the autosnipers...

Valve's Jess Cliffe, the original co-creator of Counter-Strike, has recently begun responding to some criticisms and general feedback on a gotFrag comments page. Below is some of what cliffe has said in this comments thread:

The Opaque radar and zoomed sig/aug xhairs are next on my list. I agree that these are things that we should have been fixed long ago... should be in the Steam update next week.

Believe me, the shield is something we debate about internally almost on a daily basis. In fact, I was just talking about it with Erik Johnson, Dave Riller, and John Cook. I'd love to hear what you guys think of the shield, how it should be addressed, etc etc. Feel free to email me at cliffe at valvesoftware dot com about it.

Also, in regards to the offline version of Steam... we are working on it. It's not a quick fix, sadly, and given the architecture of Steam it's taking a lot longer than anticipated. It's very high on our list of priorities though. We dropped the ball on this one.

Jess has also said, here on CS-Nation, that the Dual Berettas and the M249 PARA would be balanced shortly, in the same way that the auto sniper rifles were last November.