Speaker/Headset combo

Hitman

So, who knows a lot about this sort of thing?

I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2, along with Creative Inspire 6.1 speakers, and Plantronics Audio 90's. Right now I only have the record plug for the headset hooked up and the speakers fully hooked up. How would I go about getting the sound to come out the headset as well? I was thinking I should pick up an audio splitter and hook up the headset to the rear channel, would that be a good way to do it?

need to have different settings for head phones than speakers. I suggest putting a shortcut to your "creative settings" on the desktop. Buy an audio splitter and put it in the front speaker connector. You will then need to alternate between the 6.1 settings and the headphones setting in your audigy config tools. If you don't you won't get the 3D effect in your sound, all you will hear is what is behind you. I do this and it works well, also you will have to push the off button on your speakers whenever you use the head set lol

I use this but I also don't use sorround sound...so they won't help you a ton will it?

on a semi-related note.

I have a Audigy 2 and Plantronics .Audio 90's and when sound comes over my headphones the microphone pics it up somehow. Facehole said I need to change a setting in my Creative Mixer...but I lost my creative cd's for installing and when I download the mixer off of Creatives website it errors upon running the program...any suggestions?

(edited)

No Playaa, I don't think that will help since I only see the 2 plugs coming out of that switchbox, pretty cool gadget though.

Preacher, thanks I'll give your method a try! I don't really have a power button on my speakers but I can just turn the volume all the way down.

Edited by Hitman

on a semi-related note.

I have a Audigy 2 and Plantronics .Audio 90's and when sound comes over my headphones the microphone pics it up somehow.  Facehole said I need to change a setting in my Creative Mixer...but I lost my creative cd's for installing and when I download the mixer off of Creatives website it errors upon running the program...any suggestions?

I'll see if I can make an .iso of the driver CD tonight, if you'd like?

(edited)

Bump.

Playaa I can do this now, you want me to? Give me the OK and I'll PM a link to you for download.

Edit:

Alright well with my crappy Internet it's gonna take too long to upload, so if you give me the OK, I will instead take it to work tomorrow on a CD and put it directly on the server.

Edited by Hitman

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Audio .90's are crap.. trust me :x

I have seinhauser 500.. they're so sexy :D

I wear my old audio .90's around my neck for mic usage :o