PSU

Current - Allied 400watt max.

Im orderings all new case fans and adding 2 fluerescent lights and a dvd player. currently have cpu/mobo/ram/videocard/cdburner/7 fans/2 hdd's/sound card.

since im going to be upgrading video cards when the new ones are released it will prob draw more power then my raddy 9500pro.

Is my 400watter enough or get this ? click.

thnx.

edit. i was looking around earlier to find something to calculate how much power i need but couldnt find anything. I would assume ill need something bigger as im prob. pushing my 400watts already.

double edit. if it matters my 3v,5v and 12v rails are steady and strong right now but dont know how much power im drawing.

Edited by All Kill3r

cpu - 100+ w

fans - 25w

ddr memory - 70w

agp - 30w

sound card - 5w

mobo - 25w

2 hdds' - 200w

cd-r/rw - 15w

keyboard + mouse - 5w

2 fluorescent lights - 30w

dvd-r - 15w

if these wattages are anywhere's near right then my psu is taking a beating.....

If this is the power supply you have now http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....-154-013&depa=0

then i wouldnt worry too much about upgrading because some of my folding @ home buddies suggest these exact ps's.

They run strong 24/7 and have decent 12volt rails(for all your fans).

If you want something better I reccomend a pc power and cooling power supply cause they are the best of the best(if you feel like spending money).

My brother owns that antec and it really isnt all that impressive, not worth the price they charge at least. It's good quality, but not a good value.

This is what im gonna get if i run into some money.

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/...0/510-D_img.htm

That one is a bit expensive, but they have cheaper ps's with smaller wattages that run as good as that 480watt antec.

I own a 350ATX power supply from PC Power & Cooling and it's awsome.

They have excellent warranties too.

Another good link

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/pdf/Turbo-Cool_510_vs.pdf

(edited)

Check or money order only. 85 bucks i pay shipping. Will be shipped as soon as i get your money. Runs 228 ( 456mhz ) in my setup at 2.5-3-3-6 timings with 2.9v.

ram for sale is this. here. save 40+ bucks :)

pm me if you want it.

Edited by All Kill3r

Homer,Mar 7 2004, 07:30 PM] I think that everyone is glossing over the real issue here.  You don't need 9 fans in your case, you only need one or two in addition to the video card, psu, etc. 

It's time to admit that you have a problem!  ^_^

ahah

4 case fans is what you need in a antec style case

Smaller cases can get away with 2 80mm

You can even get away with no case fans, but there is always the whole overclocking thing.

I actually tried running my system for a couple of weeks with all the case fans unplugged.

Worked fine, but it wasnt at all overclocked.

The power supply still had its fans though.

homer you should do this to your case

http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=10084

Homer,Mar 8 2004, 02:04 AM]
4 case fans is what you need in a antec style case

I have an Antec case with a single fan.

My A64 runs 36 idle and 41 load.

The one 120mm slow fan does more than 2 or more 80mm noisy fans.

I meant this when i said antec sytle.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....y=BROWSE&depa=0

There are a half dozen cases that all share the same frame as this case.

Antec, Chieftec, Turbolink, Alienware and others.

When you fill it up with 4 80mm fans it is a great base for air cooled overclocking.

I had a Chieftec that I just got rid of that was the 'Antec' sytle. I've had up to 4 80mm fans in it and they didn't do anywhere near as good a job as the true Antec case with the 120mm fan.

The Chieftec's ariflow pattern was just different enough to not be efficient.

i wouldnt have these fans if they did no good. if i take one out i have to take another out to equal ins and outs, not to mention 80mm holes are permanent enough that ill keep a fan in it if for nothing else to fill the hole. If i take out a fan from anywhere it hits my temps as i have my airflow and fans positioned around things the way i need to get the best oc capable from just air. Sure i could run a totally silent case but i sure as heck couldnt keep my video card clocks where they are, or cpu clocks for that matter.....

When you fill it up with 4 80mm fans it is a great base for air cooled overclocking.

thats the case i have and 4 fans was just that, a start. Temps were no where near what they needed to be for what i was after, hence adding more fans. I know that a 120mm fan pushes more air then an 80mm fan but no all cases can host 120mm fans so you have to make due.

I appreciate the criticism that came from no where but back on topic. If you want a silent pc then go for it, im not after that. :P

Ram still for sale, send pm if you would like it. Thnx.

(edited)

BALLER ! lol. thats sweet though man, hope it runs 2-2-2 outta the box for you.

- my ram is no longer for sale, its pending payment -

woa.. you upgraded for the better timings from 2-3-3 ? you is a baller !

Edited by All Kill3r