Religions..

heyman, whatever works for you works for you.....hippy.gif

meh, in the end we'll find out whos Right and whos Wrong. There is truth because we cant define truth unles we use some standard that we go on from the get go. If there is a standard we have to have some reason for that standard in the first place. If there is a reason it has to be from some source. Because we know that something cant come from nothing....If there is a source, we have to know that the source is right, the source is true, because it made it that way. If that source is true and right, then we have to assume since it impossed on us this truth/ one way, that it is better than us. If that source is better than us, why would we not follow/ worship it? If we follow it or worship it, would we not be calling it a god? If it is a god then who are we to question it? <_< i think that this(as in the truth/ relgion/ one way faith) whole arguement is full of holes and needs to be rethought. It is funny to me that it always falls on Christians to defend their position when the fact of the matter remains that we have a position set, we know what we believe and the rest of the world is the open minded people who dont ahve a clue what they believe but still know that they are right and we are wrong. Interesting that politcal correctness is always with the new thought. Always goes where people want it to.....always goes where people feel comfortable.

i appoligize if this post is unorganized or offensive, i am a bit heated and kinda sick so dont take it all too nastily(word?).

jane

so you're saying that right and wrong are always opinion?

that they are not and cannot be absolutes?

because the funny part about that is your making that defintion from the standpoint of an absolute.

but you base that on something you don't know to be fact.

Killing. you are going to say yes that is an absolute. I disagree. There are many instances where you may be required to kill another person to ensure survival.

Don't most of you feel good about that Hamas leader getting killed? How about if Usama is blown up by us. You will be happy as you think that would be the right thing to do. Tell me what you think is absolute?

"but you base that on something you don't know to be fact.

if there isn't one religion then different "diets" for each person is fine...but how do you know that there isn't just one right answer? Just because you don't feel there is? Tell me you see the flaw in that."

I think I need an explaination.. I want to say for the same reason you think there is One right answer.. How do You know? There are many "One right answers"..

"If there is a reason it has to be from some source."

Don't allow yourself to believe that Christianity is The source of this either.. Confucius didn't need the bible to teach "do on to others", "Rén, "benevolence, charity, humanity, love," kindness. The fundamental virtue of Confucianism", "honor ones parent" etc.. Sound familiar? Which came first, the chicken or the Egg :)

"Monkeys and apes are concerned that their groups be relatively harmonious, because such harmony is usually in each member’s interests. For this reason, they engage in activities designed to forestall and resolve conflicts. Flack and de Waal identify several mechanisms which work to this end: food sharing, reconciliation of combatants, direct intervention in conflicts, and others besides."

I've told you before why I think Christianity is the "one right answer" Watch. No matter what I will believe in some higher power. I don't think this entire universe in all it's complexity and perfection allows for anything else. With that idea (that there is a higher power) I feel as if Christianity is the only one that truly makes sense. One thing that makes a religion make less sense to me is when that religion is accepting of other views as "maybe right". To me when there's one answer and you believe you know what that one answer is, to do anything but say "you're view isn't correct and here's why" is just silly. Now I am willing to admit that I may be wrong...but until someone shows me how I will continue to follow the belief that proved itself to me and will do my best to help others see what I see...as they will do with me...and I don't have problems with that.

as for the ideas in Christianity being around before Christianity...I whole heartedly agree...but again our perceptions of the universe change our perceptions of this. I see it as God designed man with those thoughts instilled in him, to me it's just another thing I see where God has a hand in every little peice of life.

as do I...but I am also human....

basically all I'm saying is that if someone can prove me wrong, go for it...I have no doubts in my mind that God exists and Christ his son was sent to live with us and die for us...but I'm not going to tell someone to shut up when they try to prove to me otherwise...I'll listen with an open mind...and many people have tried to prove otherwise...but no one's ever done it...

and many people have tried to prove otherwise...but no one's ever done it...

;) of course they havent :P

Likewise :P:P

no but, "No matter what I will believe in some higher power. I don't think this entire universe in all it's complexity and perfection allows for anything else."

Noone is trying to convince you otherwise. I'm not saying I know for sure how we got here. I just point out some problems I see when trying to look at it from another point of view.. I appreciate the discussion.. Now those poilitcal forum! I might have to stop! :bang::P:hug::peace::freak:

someday youll finish pointing out the issues with a man-made religion and find that the faith behind the religion is not man-made. Of course there is no physical proof of God's existance. Its like saying the milk has physical proof inside of it that the cow exists,...You can infer up the wazoo, but you know in the end the only way to prove that the cow made the milk is to watch it happen again and to know that it is the only way it could have happened.

^^^^^ bad analogy^^^^^^

:rolleyes::lol::laughcry::rolleyes:8P)

anywho, live goes on everyday with more signs of God's prescence and God's touch. Whether you choose to acknowldge those signs is up to you.

jane

Thats funny you mention the "signs".. Last night I think I may have had some divine intervention :) So yeah, I quit smoking right? I quit for a couple weeks and then had a relapse.. I was smoking outside last night and was thinking to myself, "why am I smoking".. Then all of the sudden my back pocket felt hot.. I reached my hand thinking I may have had two batteries(done it before) in there shorting and getting warm. All that was in there was my wallet. Was that God showing me that all cigarettes do is burn my money up? lol, true story. Was going to start another thread, but since Jane said what he did I posted here.. Maybe thats something divine as well! If we think God is so mysterious and we can't explain his ways, why are we so quick to acknowledge these little incidences as acts of God?

thats very interesting Watch, honsestly Ive had very similar experiances. Those quesitons we ask ourselves arent always just asked by our own mind. Sometimes, God's Holy Spirit will pry into our conscience and ask us things. We'll not always know it, but alot of times, the harder questions and the ones that we wish we didnt acknoledge are actually from God. You could explain it all away. But I think these "signs" are some of the things that God does to show us we arent completely mistaken. Very interesting. Personally Id jsut pray about that situation and ask God if He was trying to tell me something. Since you may believe in a God, why dont you try it? It may bring about more answers than you expect. Sometimes, God is more mysterious, and others, He comes right out and shouts in our faces :P . Just my two cents, thought you might like to hear back form me.

BTW if ive seemed at all less active around here, its because Ive really gotten into my BF1942 clan and also finally got a job! :D So, I try to post as often as possible, though I may go as much as a week inbetween posts.....also Fatty kinda scared me about my post spamming, so ive been watching my post count to make sure im not posting too much :(

jane