Defense of the Ancients

DJ Premier

http://www.thewarcenter.com/forums/index.php?showforum=39

Defense of the Ancients FAQ

Q: Who's the creator of DoTA?

A: Eul is the sole creator of DoTA.

Q: What is the point of Defense of the Ancients?

A. To take control of a single hero and destroy the opposing computer-controlled base. As you attempt to destroy the enemy base, other player-controlled heros from the other team will often try to kill you. Each hero has different skill types, and is played a different way.

Q: Where can I get the latest DOTA map version?

A: Should you have problems downloading the current version of the map off of b.net, we recommend checking the "sticky" topic at the top of this forum. All you need to do is save the map to your Warcraft III "Maps" file under the subfolder "Download". Please check your computer's pathing for help with this.

Q: I downloaded the map and all, but I still do not have it! You lied! Now die!

A: You received the file "zipped". Go to the maps section manually, and double click on the folder that seems to be next to the maps. Inside is the actual map. Copy and paste, my friend.

Q: What is DOTAX? what is DOTA DX?

A: DOTAX = DOTA DX. It is the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Expansion version of the classic DOTA.

The Reason there are 2 versions of the same game is due to changes in TFT, which made DOTA 1.2 unplayable. Thus, Eul was forced to re-reate DOTA for the TFT expansion, under the name DOTA DX 1.0.

Q: I want to play DOTA: AE4 but i have TFT installed. I've heard you can play DOTA AE4 even after you install the TFT expansion. How?

A: You can either create a shortcut for each application some where convenient, or you can go to the WC3 folder each time to manually double-click the icon.

Q: Who is the hero in the middle of the map and how do I complete the quest? who is Morbazan? How do i get the flux staff?

A: His name is Morbazan, Eldritch of Oblivion. Walking up to him three times with a Void Stone, Oblivion Staff, and Null Chain in your inventory (Do NOT insert the items into Morbazan's inventory) rewards you with a secret item, Morbazan's Flux Staff. This item has the following properties; +5 all stats, +50% mana regen, +300 mana. Any player can complete this quest once.

Q: My hero is too weak! What can I do to make him/her better?

A. A common way to get rid of hero weakness is to get items to make them better. For example, the Undead's "Tormented Soul" hs horrendous HP, making him a prime target for nuking. However, there are several items that can be bought that will raise this value, and make him more resilient. Try many item combinations to find your hero's ideal one!

Q: What happens after my hero dies?

A: You will respawn with full health and some mana after you die. The time to respawn is 8 seconds multiplied by your character level; so 8 seconds at level 1, 80 seconds at level 10. (Do not leave because you died. It weakens your team.)

You also lose gold upon death at the rate of 50 gold per character level; so 50 gold at level 1, 500 gold at level 10. If you are certain you cannot escape death, try to quickly transfer your gold to teammates using the Allies menu (F11). Later, ask them to transfer back to you.

You do not lose items or experience when dying.

If one player kills another player's hero, they recieve 100 bonus gold (for a total of 141). (Excluded are kills via Touch of Death.)

Q: Can I repick my hero?

A: No. If you're having trouble with your current hero, ask your team for advice on using him.

Q: Do boots of agility, gloves of haste or damage boosting items carry over through the Phantom Lancer's Ultimate?

A: No. Boots of agility, gloves of haste, and damage boosting items DO NOT carry over through the lancers ultimate.

Q: What are the primary attributes of all DoTA: AE4 heroes?

A: Here's a list:

UNDEAD

Venomancer - Agility

Lifestealer - Agility

Necrolyte - Intelligence

Pit Lord - Strength

Soulrender- Intelligence

Krovikan Vampire - Strength

Sidereal Engine - Strength

Bone Fletcher - Agility

Storm Spirit - Agility

Demon Magess - Intelligence

Tormented Soul - Intelligence

Lycanthrope - Strength

Mageslayer - Agility

Void Demon - Agility

Commander of the Abyss - Strength

Wraithlord - Intelligence

NIGHT ELF

Juggernaught - Strength

Stealth Assassin - Agility

Lunar Matriarch - Intelligence

Purity's Disciple - Intelligence

Virtue's Disciple - Intelligence

Phantom Lancer - Agility

Flamelord - Agility

Dragon Knight - Strength

Dwarven Sniper - Agility

Omniknight - Strength

Frost Maiden - Intelligence

Forest Nymph - Intelligence

Titan of the Order - Strength

Earthshaker - Strength

Troll Warlord - Agility

Aquasoul - Intelligence

• 2 weeks later...

hi ^_^

i play war3 ft most of the time and those are good games

: Cube Defense , Aos but dont try the xtreme aos or x aos its like golly gee! , wintermaul tds and the one i most like melee 3v3.my war3 name is vladinator :boing:

bah i gotta return to those :freak: classes