My modded Xbox

linch

:D

Part of the box has chrom stickers, the rest was painted using a chrom paint.

xbox1.jpg

xbox3.jpg

Once I got my xbox modded, the xbox dvd-rom was having a lot of skipping issues playing "backup" games. The games that ran music off the dvd gave a lot of errors. So I bought a asus dvd-rom and ran a ide and a power connection outside of the xbox to the asus drive. The games now load and run so much faster! :D

xbox2.jpg

xbox4.jpg

:wavey:

Gotta say... that rawks. I know a guy where my dad works who has his all modded out to run Linux and stuff and can be used as a file server, it will even make image files of the games on the hard drive. So he just rents whatever he wants to play for all eternity =p But it's a REALLY cool thing despite it's potential for evil lol. I don't even remember all the other stuff it's modded to do...

Yeah, I have linix on mine as well. Using a really nice dashboard called Avalaunch. I have over 1 gig of emulators (nintendo, n64, sega gen, turbo grafx16). Also, if I miss one of my favorite tv shows, I download it, and then ftp it to the xbox and watch it on the tv. Pretty sweet setup. I use to put my most played xbox games on the hard drive, but with the dvd burner I don't have to.