soreness

huhuh?

i think i need to take some more rest inbetween sets too...thx dweez ill try that (i prolly had been using too much weight cuz i was tryin to keep up wit my friends who have been lifting all winter)

lol

thats an intense workout

i just got the encyploediea of body building writtne by arnold scwartzanager (ya i spelled it correctly :P )

lots of useful info for basic bodybuilding (plus u get a workout just lifting the 7 pound book)

strongman.gif

That's a great book as far as exercises are concerned. I have it as well. The whole second half of it is about 150 different ways to exercise each muscle in the body.

As far as your soreness goes. Not sure that adding any extra time between sets is going to keep you from getting sore. My advice would be to not lift again with those muscles until they aren't sore anymore. Yes, it sucks, you wanna be doing more, but you are gonna do more harm than good, imo. Eventually, as your muscles get used to being worked, they will recover faster and the routine you are wanting to do right now will be no problem.

However, the key to building muscle is to keep varying your routine. Don't do the same exercises for the same muscles day in and day out. Your muscles are awesome at adapting. If you do the same exercises every time you workout, your body will adapt and will grow less(notice I say less, not none). The key is to stimulate the muscles in such a way that its new to them. Hit them from different angles with different exercises. The back half of your new book will help you to do this well. Just a warning though, you will be sore every time you work out if you use this method.

Also, as stated many times before in these forums, make sure you KNOW and USE the proper form to these exercises. Or else you are only going to hurt yourself.