Banzaflyin

Fatty

Got my first email as a result of a ban for UT today! Good sign??!?

It was I who banned you.

I'm good at acronyms. Oh my... is not my favorite.

Playing in our server is a right.  I appreciate your time to send an email, but your email merely tosses insults and attempts to justify your actions.

Sincerely,

A 10 year-old girl

----- Original Message -----

To: fat@mmmmcs.com

Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 3:37 PM

Subject: banned question

Hello, I was playing on your UT2k4 server today, under my name, mokkema. While I was playing your admin apparently was telling me to "stop swearing" by telling me through the speach in the game. Unfortunatly i had no volume, so then he finally typed it and i stoped typing swares. Then I said "damn" and "Oh my..." which NIETHER of them are swares, and he decided to ban me. I think he needs to be reinformed of the rules, either that or you need to stop having 10 year old girls admin your servers, because last time I checked, I heard hell, damn, even witch on public media, so those are NOT swares. and Oh my... could mean oh my FREAKING god, theres no guerentee i was using an abreviation for a sware. Techincally, I broke no rules, and I obeyed when told. So I'd like to be unbanned, I am a good player who's done nothing wrong. Thank you.

GC Founder
I won't miss ya....I've been admining servers for 6 years now.  Have a nice

life.

----- Original Message -----

To: "[Mmmm]Fatty" <fat@mmmmcs.com>

Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 8:52 PM

Subject: Re: banned question

> Oh my god, grow up, you are just like a little girl. Panzy donkey, you act

like your server is the best, golly gee! its a right, woohoo, Just proves my point

once again that you are immature, and don't know how to run a server.

Welcome to the gaming community, get used to it.

>

• 1 month later...

There is the problem with games...some people who play it are stuck in their younger years...I am too...without a doubt (when I'm at work I swear like a saylor) :bang: . I mean Geez...I wish people would take more responsibility for their actions...good for you Fatty for sticking up for your beliefs.

Mmmm/GC servers have been "clean language please" for longer than I can remember. We've taken a lot of flack for it, and it gets to be a pain sometimes playing the prude and telling people to watch the language, but I don't think any of us would want to do away with the language rule. Just hop on a random Counterstrike server and watch the cuss words pop up like dandelions in springtime. That's the real reason the rule is in place, less to do with beliefs, and more to do with not wanting to read a bunch of garbage while we play.

Well also, I can imagine those with kids appreciate the "clean language policy" too for a couple reasons 1) when they play using speakers and their kids can hear the voice comm and 2) when their kids play and can experience both the chat and voice comm. Keeping it clean just tends to make it more family friendly.

On the other hand, I would say a good percentage of abusers are probably under-age kids anyway.