The Answer.

All true believers endure to the end. Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His Spirit, will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end. Believers may fall into sin through neglect and temptation, whereby they grieve the Spirit, impair their graces and comforts, and bring reproach on the cause of Christ and temporal judgments on themselves; yet they shall be kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation

Yes?

sounds like a loose interpreation of a verse in Romans. Where did you find that WT? I think if it was taken from scripture its true. If its just a persons interpretaiton, then it may be slightly false.

well i dont think it really does, since God doesnt really care if you dont think he exists. If you dont, you dont get a second chance to reup your ante, when you die. thats kinda the point of the above post....

not to be harsh, but thats how it goes. not to be fear-inspiring, but God wants us to Love him, and if we deny he exists, we dont love him, aka we lose out of Him for eternity. If i were to tell you anything about what heaven and hell are all about, it would be that hell is not just fire and brimstone, its the lack of God. Heaven is not just golden streets and angels, its the full prescence and love of God. So, fear should never be a factor in belief, since its really about you losing something, rather than gaining a fire death.... :(

I don't necessarily agree, dweez...because the statement starts out with "all true believers" which puts the verbage in the hands of the people. It also mentions "grace" which is something given undeserved...not something predetermined. If God already had a list, then there would be no grace required.

Basically, I read it as this, and it's consistant with what I believe: Salvation is the one true, good, and perfect gift. It's so good that you can't even mess it up. Just as your salvation isn't based on works, nor can you lose your salvation by works.

This is what I take from it.

Is there any more context to this? Source? Etc?