question about Jesus' death

do you believe that Jesus died willingly or reluctantly?

this is for my class....we were instructed to read Mark 15:24-27 and make a decision...this one seems to be reluctant

then i had to read John 19:28-30...this one seems to be willing.

any thoughts as to why they are different

Willingly. But I am sure he was scared too. I mean...define reluctant in this case? He was so scared that he sweat blood...that is SCARED! He KNEW he was going to be horribly tortured until he was dead and that he would be shunned by his father (for three days).

So...he did it willingly, but like he said to his father if there was any other way possible, he was all for that!

I agree with Goot. He prayed to God that if there was any way "this cup could be removed" to do it...but not His will but God's be done.

Also, I don't think the pain and suffering was what bothered Him. Think about it. Since before time, Jesus has been with the Father. On the cross, when Christ took the sins of the world upon Himself, God had to turn away from Him because God cannot stand to look upon sin. This is why Christ proclaimed "My God, why have You forsaken Me?" For the ONLY time in all eternity, Jesus was separated from God. True, He had a job to do and knew it must be done but still, imagine the agony of having to do that. Think of a mother who had to be separated from her child for the first time since birth. Now multiply that by a million-billion-trillion. That is a fraction of what Jesus and God were going through.

I think both Knock

after all...he was a man...

if I knew I had to die horribly (heck even unhorribly) to save other people...I could make the choice to die and save them...but just because I make that choice doesn't really mean I'm 100% willing...it just means I made the choice...get what I'm saying?