when?

nut

nut
(edited)

When is there going to be a game... That revalutionizes PC's as we know it...

A game with such good graphics... and such high standerds that we all have to upgrade...

When is a kick butt game like that gonna come out??

NuT- :rolleyes:

Edited by Capt.Coconut

what bugs said. Doom 3 or HL2 are going to be the new standard due to the high level of detail in games. People are going to customize their systems to get the best they can from those. Its going to be interesting.

I disagree. I think Farcry is now what HL2 was supposed to be. By the time HL2 comes out, (if it comes out) it will be outdated. Crytek is now what Valve was in 1998. As for Doom3, I think Painkiller took it's spot in the sun.

People will still buy HL2 and Doom 3 out of curiosity, but I seriously doubt they will be the incredible breakthroughs people expect. Besides that, graphics are overrated, I want a game that has revolutionary gameplay. Farcry is close, at least it took an FPS game and changed the style of play a bit.

As far as pushing systems HL2 and Doom3 will do that moreso than Far Cry only because they have their previous huge games that will push them. Even though Far Cry is awesome and does have some hype it won't get nearly as many buyers as HL2 and Doom3 will get which in turn will lead to those people upgrading and becoming the new "standard" in gaming probably.

I gotta go with Zap on this one. The game itself won't push people to get new and better machines and set the standard of PCs higher, it'll be the game and the history behind it, and HL2 and D3 both have that quality.