MCC Roundup - Week 3

ConGregation

Boy howdy! What a great week for exciting matches. This season has far surpassed any previous season in excitement and upsets. Gone are the days of one team dominating through the entire season. Gone is the abundance of lopsided wins. Gone is empty HLTV. Excitement is here!

On monday DOH marched into Mmmm territory with a winning streak so big that they had to find ex members to describe the agony of defeat. They had never lost a regular season match. In fact their only loss came in the championship of the first MCC. But we were in for a suprise. Mmmm brought their A game and shocked the champs. Behind the big gun of the skinny guy, Mmmm manhandled DOH and turned the season upside down. Was it a fluke or is it an indication that DOH isnt unbeatable or that Mmmm is surging back? Only time will tell.

Tuesday DW and DLM faced off. Both were looking for their first win. DLM will have to keep looking. DW pretty much controlled the match. This was on their home map which they had already played once so that gave them an advantage for sure. It just wasnt DLM's night. These guys are troopers. DOH came into this week with a huge winning streak but DLM has just the opposite. Every week we root for the monkeys to get that "monkey" off their back. Maybe next week. DW looked strong in their first win and are a long way from being out of contention.

Wednsday CsLs took on S!d. Ive said many time that CsLs is chock full of talent. This team hasnt performed up to expectations yet but the season is only 3 weeks old. S!d has had good showing every week so far. First they beat Mmmm and the narrowly lost to TF. But this week the shut CsLs down. S!d looks strong on their home map. Could be a long season for visitors. Meanwhile CsLs is struggling but sooner or later these guys will gel and put some wins on their record.

Thursday was to be the match of the week. The last two undefeated teams remaining this season. The home map was MwR's on dust2. I figured that Wilco and the other former LC on TF would dramatically help seeing as they had all that experience on that map from MCC1. But MwR has a reputation of coming out on top in close matches. Two tough teams that would give it their all. The match started out with TF dominating from the start as Ts. But MwR battled valiently to keep the game close ending the half down by 3. The second half started and boy was it ever close. Back and forth til it was 4 to 4. TF was looking good. But MwR got on the T horse and started winning. They put themselves up 15 to 13. TF was definetly on the ropes. But what a brilliant round under pressure when they made it 14 - 15. The last round of the game and TF had to take it to force an overtime. MwR went back to their mainstay for the night... the left rush. TF fought HARD but MwR ran them over in B just as they had most of the night. The match ended with Skipper (I believe) killing two CTs through the wall. MwR pulls out another close game and claims the title of the last remaining undefeated teams.

On to this weeks matches.

MwR vs DOH

This should be a great match. Both teams are very strong. DOH lost this week but it was on an unfamilier map which may be been a major contributing factor. This match is at DOH so MwR will have to come into town and face DOH on their home territory. Nobody enjoys that thought. DOH demolished DW in their only match on nuke. So odds would have to be on DOH. But MwR will be fighting to keep their title of first in the league. If these guys can keep it close than their nerves of steel will come in handy :)

DOH 17 MwR 13

CsLs vs DLM

Who would have guessed. The last two remaining winless team get to face off this week. That should make this very interesting. Who will be hungrier for the win? This will be on DLM's map so that will help them. CsLs, again they have talent but do they have teamwork? Look for both team to just lay it on the line. I will be rooting for BOTH of them.

CsLs 17 DLM 13 (please prove me wrong DLM!)

S!d vs TF

This should be a great match. Both teams picked this map for their home map. Both team have not lost on it yet. Both teams are 2-1. This is one evenly matched game. Again, who will be hungrier? I have played S!d on train and we didnt even put up much of a fight. I really dont know who to pick. Ill just throw some numbers out there just to keep everyone happy.

TF 16 S!d 14

DW vs Mmmm

DW and Mmmm both are surging after victories this week. DW has to take their show into inferno and Mmmm territory. Can they overcome Mmmm on the map they beat DOH on? Meahwhile Mmmm should feel good about playing on their home map after taking probably the biggest upset since DLM beat DOH to win MCC1. Should be a great match.

*no projections since my team is playing.

We have a great season going here guys. Lets try doubly hard to keep the fun in it and the bad attitudes out. Play with all you have but treat your opponents with the upmost respect. And have some fun to boot!

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

CsLs 19 -11

S!d 18 - 12

Mmmm 20 - 10

As usual... nj rev :P

w00t

I'm going for Skipper's play being the play of the season...

that was the biggest luck/strategy play I've ever seen in my life and at the biggest moment...

The CT's were in the hallway leading from T spawn to B-site.

I was watching the CT's crouch down and heard AK shots...BOOM! first one went down...

then the other one thinking the shots were coming from the door out towards the T spawn moved PERFECTLY into position to be shot through the wall so that he could see out the door. Had he not moved there, the shots would not have taken him. I didn't realize that the shots were coming from B-site through the wall into the tunnel until Fatty pulled off one of his oh-so-amazing replays...

and I was stunned...

what went through skippers head to make him think of shooting through the wall on the completely off chance that they would be in the perfect position at exactly the right time on a large map?...

I can't explain it...

though after that first CT died, I know exactly why he continued firing. and MwR is probably ecstatic that he did.

Now that said, I cannot WAIT for MwR's next match. Could they go against a harder team (and visiting at that) in thier first week defending themselves as the last undefeated team?

I say we shoot for an even larger MmmmTV crowd than last night. And massive props to Fatty. Last night was one of his best nights for calling the game yet. His replays are timely, his slow motion dramatic, and his play-calling exciting. Props...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

Well said playaa.. but one thing...

hat went through skippers head to make him think of shooting through the wall on the completely off chance that they would be in the perfect position at exactly the right time on a large map?...

I can't explain it...

Right before the play happened I went into overview mode so I don't know what skip heard or saw, but I do know that isn't that uncommon of a place to shoot especially if you have the slightest idea that they are in b tunnels.

And in the sid-mwr match I saw slinky get picked off in there too when he was rushing in from T spawn so... I think it's just something that MwR stresses to do if they think that someone is in there.

anyways it was nice sweeet :)

i really dont know what your name is (rev or congregation) but your weekly reviews make the matches and tourney so interesting so im just saying gj keep up the good reviews. "If these guys can keep it close than their nerves of steel will come in handy" i like that are you a journalist or editor if not you should look into it.

i really dont know what your name is (rev or congregation) but your weekly reviews  make the matches and tourney so interesting so im just saying gj keep up the good reviews.  "If these guys can keep it close than their nerves of steel will come in handy" i like that are you a journalist or editor if not you should look into it.

If I was a journalist or editor I wouldnt have used "than" when I should have used "then". :unsure:

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests
And in the sid-mwr match I saw slinky get picked off in there too when he was rushing in from T spawn so... I think it's just something that MwR stresses to do if they think that someone is in there.

anyways it was nice sweeet :)

w00t slinky knows who did that shot :lol::lol:

and good job to skipper for shooting the second person...