We got a new car!

gOOters

(edited)

Heh, nothing too special. But Christi's 2001 Mustang was a POS (no offense meant towards any mustang owners).

Anyhow, we were a little worried about the how long Christi's Stang was going to be working right, so we went and traded it in on a Civic tonight.

The Civic will be SO nice as she commutes about 50mi a day through traffic.

Its a 4cyl 4 door in a dark metallic grey with grey/black interior. Nothing fancy, but I have to say that the quality of the materials used throughout the car from exterior (body color bump guards and door handles) to the interior (door covering material/dash material buttons etc) REALLY impressed me for this price range.

Cute little car and Christi is happy because all her needs are met...that makes me happy :)

P.S. She's not a car person, so it's cool w/ her for me to be sportin a nicer ride so long as she gets 4 doors, good fuel economy reliability and easy to drive :boing::freak:

Oh yeah...2.9% financing!!! </brag> :P

Edited by gOOters

Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guest k3n
Guests

I have 1.2% financing.. but its a lease

everywhere i go i can only get 0% financing....what should i do?    :D

You should go in with me when I buy my next car? ;)

haha J/K ;)

No really...where do you live? :angry:

:freak:

he's a canadian...weirdo's

:D

I could probably get pretty good financing...that is if I have a credit rating at all...I haven't quite figured it out yet...mostly throughout my life I've gottan all loans by cosigning with my parents (who have nearly perfect credit) and I have paid every single payment with only like 2 late in my life...but I don't know if that helps ME or my parents

No disrespect to anyone here, but financing through a dealer/automaker is a raw deal and n00b mistake. Go get pre-approved for a load at a credit union and then go shop.

Dealers get kickbacks from all the loans (or a fee for "helping" you find the loan), they will know you are a ripe target if you go in and say, "So you have 0% financing? (or some low figure)".

And haggling over payments is their best way at getting you. They'll gladly lower your payments and extend the term out forever.

If you can't get a loan through a credit union then maybe you should work on your credit rating before you get a new car. And if you can't get as much as you want in terms of a loan amount through a credit union, maybe you need to re-evaluate what car you are looking at. No need to live beyond ones means.

I suggest going through Fighting Chance or some other service to find out how much the car you are looking at should cost and what incentives the auto makers are offering to the dealers. Then put together a proposal (print it out) of your name, address, phone number, the exact model/color/options of the car you want, and the price you will pay. The price should reflect a $300-500 profit for the dealership.

Then go to dealerships and ask to see the sales manager (DO NOT DEAL WITH SALESPEOPLE). Tell them you are buying a car today if they make you wait, and that you will only wait 5 minutes before you leave. Give the sheet to the sales manager, tell them that you know about any rebates/incentives offered by the automaker, and ask him/her if the price is acceptable. Do not haggle at all. If the price isn't good to them, then thank the sales manager for their time and leave. Next dealer.

If you want to test drive cars go and do it before you do this, and let them know you are shopping, not buying that day.