Van Helsing

soul .gc

Well we went to see this last night. My buddy and I had been looking forward to seeing this movie for a long time. Partly for the movie itself and partly to see Kate Beckinsale...she is super-sexy hehe.

Our first clue should have been the mostly-empty theater. It starts off pretty good then it throws about 100(exaggeration) different plot lines into the mix and has trouble following all but 2-3 of them reliably. The plot is definately filled with a few holes, the acting was pretty bad on Jackman's side and there was more romantic chemistry between Bill&Ted then there is between Hugh and Kate. The comic-relief sidekick elicited all of 2 laughs from all 15 of us in the theater. The movie is close to two hours and I caught myself yawning a lot, I think they could have trimmed it to 90 minutes without a doubt but 120 probably seemed more worth their 200million dollar investment.

On the plus side the special effects are VERY well done and Kate is looking good in a nice leather outfit with high-heel boots.

It got a 74 from us with a good 10 of those for the above-mentioned outfit. Save your money and go see something else, this is almost not worth a rental.