An open minded Christian? Or just wrong?

That's why you keep coming back Playaa? If I thought it was so pointless, I know I sure wouldn't keep participating.. If I did, it wouldn't be so pointless anymore would it? If you're not adding anything to the topic at hand, keep it to yourself please.

That's why you keep coming back Playaa?

well...personally I don't like trying to answer your questions about religion because you don't act like you listen...if a topic dies you just open another one that seems like it's doing nothing but trying to poke holes in Christianity...

however, Christ told me to go forth and spread the word...so I keep coming back

I studied Guiness books, Encyclopedias and Nature guides when I was a youngster..

oddly enough...so did I...

and yet with the exact same nature books and encyclopedias we come to completely different conclusions.

Souls seems pretty new to this Christianity thing and I was referring him to you or Playaa or others that have more knowledge of what the bible tells you. Wether it matters to his beliefs that the earth is 4billion or 10,000 years old I don't know, but he should at least try to comprehend what the bible actually says and what knowledgable people say about it.

LOL - I think I comprehend a bit more about the bible and my beliefs than you do. But hey, keep thinking you know what I believe and know better than me about it.

I feel if you are going to believe in Christianity, it should be your lifes goal to understand. Since ultimately this is what is going to send you to heaven or hell.

And you are the one to help people understand? LMAO.

So I believe the earth is only 10,000 years old? LMAO! Soul quit putting words in my mouth(trying to sound like a 6th grader)

I never said that. I said I hope you do not believe your statement that you are only here trying to inform.

that seems like it's doing nothing but trying to poke holes in Christianity...

Agreed wholeheartedly. Just look at the other "open mind" topic and how the mocking of all Christians was done...

Lets talk facts instead of "beliefs".. The Bible says...

The bible says lots of things. Has anyone here ever told you that you must believe what it says? I believe what it says and interpret it in my own way.

I think the questions like .... if a flood wiped out all of humanity in the world, and Noah and his wife were on the Ark at that time, are we all descendants of Noah.... is a good question.

But none of you seem to see the question at hand. You immediate assume that he is attacking your religion and then become defensive and sometimes rude. Then you never answer the original question except with a blanket list of rules that all end in "believe in Jesus Christ as your savior". This list of rules has nothing to do with whether we are all descendants of Noah or whether there was a great flood that engulfed the "world". It has nothing to do with how old the world is. Why is it even offered?

It isn't about poking holes in a religion. Its about asking questions. A pastor once told me that the ones who are curious and ask questions are the ones who will ultimately find strong faith. Just following just for the sake of following is for those with the mind of a cow.

I believe it was a global flood (there has been archeological proof found (will try and find a link) where fossils of large schools of fish have been found on high elevation land where no water was previously known to have been) and, yes, I believe we are all descendants of Noah and his 3 sons (8 people were on the Ark).

I also don't feel that I have been too defensive. I listen to WT and try to answer what I believe as best I can. If that is not good enough for him then I let it go cuz it is good enough for me. But occasionally I do sense in some of his questions that instead of being curious about something it is more of a "How can you believe something so obviously crazy sounding". I ususally tend to stay out of those discussions.

The topic was never about the flood, it was about a forum article from an unknown poster.

As to any "rudeness" I think it was quite apparent from the

" If that's what you think, that is not much of a debate.. "

and

"Blasphemy! People, help your brother understand before it's too late..."

lines that started it off.

I believe differently than Dweez as I stated earlier.

So one believes the word of the bible to be true and one doesn't. I feel if you don't believe the Bible to be the inerrant word of God then.. nm. Believe whatever. :)

As far as rudeness, I guess you didn't understand what that meant. If You Believe ALL of Mankind Was In That Region, There Is No Debate. THe Word Of God Would Still Ring True When He Said He Wiped Out All Humanity. = No debate. But what I think you are saying, is that the flood was just a regional even and Didn't wipe out ALL OF HUMANITY thus making God a liar. No rudeness at all. I may have to stop replying to you if you don't understand what I'm saying. Maybe I could have made that more clear. :unsure:

Haven't yet read dweezes last reply or DJs but it looks like ther're speaking some truth.. bbl :)

So one believes the word of the bible to be true and one doesn't. I feel if you don't believe the Bible to be the inerrant word of God then.. nm. Believe whatever.

Yup - you hit it right on the head. It is exactly as black and white as you make it out to be. Nice job.

If You Believe ALL of Mankind Was In That Region, There Is No Debate

You were the only person making that statement, not me.

Ok, so exactly what I thought. That is not what you believe but is what God said. So in fact, there Is meaning for this debate. Thank you for clearing that up. I didn't want to "put words in your mouth". :rolleyes:

Yup - you hit it right on the head. It is exactly as black and white as you make it out to be. Nice job.

It is. God said he wiped out all life on the planet but Noah and the occupants of his boat. This is a pretty fundamental belief and basically what that Whole story revolves around.. God was mad at the world and wiped it out. I'm glad not believing that doesn't affect your belief in the validity of the bible. :unsure:

I'm just gonna leave you alone on this one Soul. I'm glad to see you challenge what is taught.

A pastor once told me that the ones who are curious and ask questions are the ones who will ultimately find strong faith. Just following just for the sake of following is for those with the mind of a cow.

I love it.. I woulda said sheep but.. From the mouth of a pastor, so if you want to call that a slam go ahead :)

I believe it was a global flood (there has been archeological proof found (will try and find a link) where fossils of large schools of fish have been found on high elevation land where no water was previously known to have been) and, yes, I believe we are all descendants of Noah and his 3 sons (8 people were on the Ark).

I would like to see links on this.. This could be one of the "answers" I'm looking for. Actually no, couldn't the cause for the fossils being way up on the mountain just mean the tectonic plates rose very abruptly(relative) from a lower elevation? If the mountain was there at the time of the flood, wouldn't most of the dead fish have fallen to the depths rather than settle on or near a peak of a mountain? Visualize a mountain covered with water.. Where would something that died most likely settle.. Or thousands of things that died..

God never said "wipe out all of mankind" per se and definitely didn't say he was wiping out all life.

Genesis 6:7

7 The LORD said, "(7) I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for (8) I am sorry that I have made them."

I will try to find a link for the fossil thing. I learned it in "Science" class in bible college. I believe it came for the Institute for Creation Research. As for the fossils falling off...maybe, maybe not, some mountains have "valleys" in them that are still far above sea level. Also, some "high elevations" don't always come to a peak, such as buttes.

t is. God said he wiped out all life on the planet but Noah and the occupants of his boat. This is a pretty fundamental belief and basically what that Whole story revolves around.. God was mad at the world and wiped it out. I'm glad not believing that doesn't affect your belief in the validity of the bible.

I'm just gonna leave you alone on this one Soul. I'm glad to see you challenge what is taught.

You must have missed the sarcasm in my response. There is really not anything to leave me alone about. There is aboslutely no way you could prove me wrong or I could change your mind....that is why I said I would not argue it with you.

This could be one of the "answers" I'm looking for

I thought it was just "1 answer"...

(edited)

I know what you are talking about Dweez about the sea life fossil's on mountains.

Scientists believe that tectonic shifts and collisions is what has caused some mountains to rise. The same logic applies to the Sierra Nevada mountains along California.

Christians viewed it as "proof" that there was a massive flood.

It was reinforced on some documentary on the History Channel. Did anyone catch that History channel special on Noah's Ark? It was quite interesting.

Edited by DJ Premier

I saw parts of it and honestly turned it off as typical "scientific drivel"

the only part I saw was a scientist who sat there comparing the design of the ark with ancient ships of it's era...the only real problem with that is that at the time, it had never rained on earth (according to the Bible) and the Ark wasn't built with other ships in mind because the builders had no idea what other ships were like...

so basically...the failing logic on the only part I saw caused me to turn it off