Value of my truck?

Fatty

You guys probably know where the blue-book stuff is online, or maybe ya have them with you.....I figure instead of being self sufficient, I'd come to the car forum and see if you can make it easy for me:

I donated my truck to the church today, and they will just write a letter saying that I did just that. It's up to me as to how much I value it at when tax time comes.

Details:

1992 Chevy S-10 2.8 L V6 - Extended bed

Low miles (108k)

Runs very well

Brand new clutch

New tires

New breaks

interior is in good shape

Exterior has some rust around wheels, right through in the back above wheels.

How much should I claim next year as a write off?

GC Founder

Well, the truck is basically a luxury for us...just sits there, and in the in-law's driveway no less....opened the bulletin in church today and the pastor had a paragraph about someone needing a car. A couple whispers with Amy and before you know it, washed, vacumed, notarized title and I dropped it off today about 2 PM.

In a word, my truck has been sitting there while this other guy, while getting his life back on track, has been walking to work every day for a while.

Was a very quick decision, but a very easy one.

Now I gotta get one of those grate type things to hook into the hitch of the explorer for hunting...and then also figure out how to get a 14 ft. Christmas tree to my inlaws each December....those are the extents of our worries now.

Thanks for the research guys!

Maybe you could mention to him that we will give the truck a brand new paint job free of charge if he lets you bring it for the weekend of FF....

In all seriousness....its a great thing you were able to do. I like to hope that if I was in that situation I would do the same thing. Kudos to you and your wife for making the decision.

Well, the truck is basically a luxury for us...just sits there, and in the in-law's driveway no less....opened the bulletin in church today and the pastor had a paragraph about someone needing a car.  A couple whispers with Amy and before you know it, washed, vacumed, notarized title and I dropped it off today about 2 PM.

In a word, my truck has been sitting there while this other guy, while getting his life back on track, has been walking to work every day for a while.

Was a very quick decision, but a very easy one.

Now I gotta get one of those grate type things to hook into the hitch of the explorer for hunting...and then also figure out how to get a 14 ft. Christmas tree to my inlaws each December....those are the extents of our worries now.

Thanks for the research guys!

GJ Fat.

If someone here found a guide that valued your vehicle at $2500, then go with $2800 and cite new brake work, aftermarket stereo, etc.

GO with retail pricing, of course you want to get as much writeoff as you can, depends on how brave you are ;)

GC Founder

It probably depends more on how honest I want to be. :D

I'll probably go with 1200, which is the number I came up with a few months ago when we were toying with selling it.

Thanks again!