Blacks ban..

Watchtower

So you banned him because he left after you slayed him? Or did you ban him for saying Dumbdonkey.. Or did you ban him because he questioned your warning? What happened to the guy saying "lame" and showing disrespect(shut up Black) to Black once he said he was lame? Seems awfully harsh to me from what you posted from logs.. People slip and say bad words and we warn them over mic. Overreaction on both parts, 1 party left, 1 party perm banned. Just don't seem right to me.

How was he not taking responsibility? We're missing something here.

He lied. That's your problem for not understanding. I told him to return in a week.

Trop has issues, don't question my first step to helping fix it, get in there and help yourself.

You posted this in public? Take a freakin hike, Watch...you're gonna call me out in public?

....and thank you Wilco.

Problems? Questions? Start your own topic.

is why I posted there.. Big deal! Everyone is supposed to publicly agree with everything anyone does? I just said it seemed harsh as I'm sure others will as well.. Perm ban.

Problems? Questions? Start your own topic.

is why I posted there.. Big deal! Everyone is supposed to publicly agree with everything anyone does? I just said it seemed harsh as I'm sure others will as well.. Perm ban. I guess I don;t see where he lied either.. Anyone? Cmon guys, Fatty is about to banish me over this.. Am I that outta line?

Watch....please don't play the "help me before the tyrant kicks me out of the clubhouse" thing twice in a month.....

Show me where this:

L 06/02/2004 - 17:44:48: "B|acK.csf .muzak<985><STEAM_0:1:307909><TERRORIST>" say_team "hey no anti -gh3y comments, im gh3y dumba$$"

Is the same as:

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:43: "B|acK.csf .muzak<985><STEAM_0:1:307909><TERRORIST>" say "wow, i got worned 4 telling people not 2 say gh3y over the mic awesome"

Please.....I thought I drew it out plainly, but you're asking for the entire theory behind it all....I expected you to get it.

A) I warned him first, for the "say_team "hey no anti -gh3y comments, im gh3y dumba$$"

B) He lies to me by saying this: "wow, i got worned 4 telling people not 2 say gh3y over the mic awesome"

This is called not being responsible. This is called treating an admin with disrespect because he's acting like a victim here.

So, he get's charged with a slay, the cost of an explanation and his fib.

He leaves.....so, instead of letting it go, I feel the lesson needs to be finished, so I ban, which will get his attention, then proceed to the GB forums to explain.

------

So, in the end, as I asked you in our "chat" in AIM: Let's talk about what we're all doing to make this a better place? I don't appreciate getting called out (and publically no less, thank you again wilco because I may have really flipped if I would have found a full blown topic out there, thank you thank you) in public when I'm sticking my neck out to make some points.

The difference between me and many: I'm willing to go all the way to here for something I believe in. This little poop didn't behave properly, and then he attempted to BS me. Nope, no way. Time for some learnin.

If you're going to be offended by the un-ghettoization that needs done in trop, that starts with a warning and follows a process, then you'd best cover your eyes and ears.

I think Watch is perfectly in his rights to ask for more of an explanation...but I agree with Wilco and Fat that it should be done in here.

I haven't read the public topic yet...but have we made it clear to Black that he wasn't banned for telling people not to make anti-lame comments but for saying "dumass"?

You should probably read the public post FIRST instead of wondering....go read it.

Here you go.

You know....it really makes me wonder....the irony in the timing of one of our long-time regs JUST now messaging me:

PerfectlydarkonE: BTW, thanks for putting some work into the trop server, I don't pub often so it is nice to have a good place to go to

while I fight off the poop from my own crew.

This seems alittle harsh to me, i hate to say...the last thing i like to do is cause conflict.

All he did was correct the person for saying somethign that he felt not necessary...i see that he was warned, Black knows that he avoided the swear filter, he even said he shouldn't have. he was slayed.

He lies to me by saying this: "wow, i got worned 4 telling people not 2 say gh3y over the mic awesome"
how is this a lie? did this not happen then? did noone say ghey over the mic? maybe you didn't hear it....and i though that we did not allow this on trop? regulars push our rules all the time when admin is not available

He apologized for saying what he did...and we should all move on.

I'd just like to say...add this guy to the list:

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:17: "adrenaline lucchese<992><STEAM_0:0:135473><CT>" say_team "LMAO"

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:22: "adrenaline lucchese<992><STEAM_0:0:135473><CT>" say_team "GROSS"

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:24: Rcon: "rcon 3008495109 "x" warn asy" from "66.219.135.11:7130"

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:29: "adrenaline lucchese<992><STEAM_0:0:135473><CT>" say_team "yep"

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:29: "adrenaline lucchese<992><STEAM_0:0:135473><CT>" say_team "you are"

also...I gotta say I'd hafta agree with what Fatty did...now it's up to Black to cool off and come back...he KNEW he avoided swear filter yet he conveniently forgot it when he got warned

All he did was correct the person

HELLLLO????

------/off trouble

Drastic times call for drastic measures. I've hung someone in the middle of the town for all to see and consider. You can back me and follow my lead or you can take a seat on the sidelines. The atmosphere of Trop SUCKS.

If you care one lick about our server and actually want to see it be the place that we founded this community on, then I say get your donkey in gear.

One thing you guys gotta remember...I'm willing to go the long, hard road to make a point, even if it's about one client and one BS response. I've done it before, I'll do it again.

Which VI did I go head-on with? I can't remember, but all is well now. I don't remember the name, but I do know that a point needed made about speaking with qualifiers.

Anyways, someone else ban someone tonight, there's much more to be done there.

I side with Watch on this one.

Punishment doesn't fit the crime. Timed ban would have been more appropriate.

Fatty if you don't like the direction things are going. Then maybe you should come talk to everyone before you start swinging the "Sword of Authority". And maybe spend a little more time on Trop. Things won't change overnight.

BTW. This is right on schedule. Every 3 to 4 months we have our usual knockdown dragout ritual. It's gettin' rather borish.

actually...it IS a timed ban...Fatty told Black to come back in a week and Black doesn't seem mad...he seems apologetic...

doesn't seem like the usual "knockdown dragout" except inside of .gc ranks

I'd just like to say...add this guy to the list:
L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:17: "adrenaline lucchese<992><STEAM_0:0:135473><CT>" say_team "LMAO"

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:22: "adrenaline lucchese<992><STEAM_0:0:135473><CT>" say_team "GROSS"

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:24: Rcon: "rcon 3008495109 "x" warn asy" from "66.219.135.11:7130"

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:29: "adrenaline lucchese<992><STEAM_0:0:135473><CT>" say_team "yep"

L 06/02/2004 - 17:45:29: "adrenaline lucchese<992><STEAM_0:0:135473><CT>" say_team "you are"

also...I gotta say I'd hafta agree with what Fatty did...now it's up to Black to cool off and come back...he KNEW he avoided swear filter yet he conveniently forgot it when he got warned

Playaa you could be added to the list for what you have in your signature.

why?

mine is a joke that no one has seemed to have a problem with

that guy I said to add was saying "gross" to black being lame and then calling him lame in a derogatory way.

you want me to remove my sig? I have no problem with that.

actually...it IS a timed ban...Fatty told Black to come back in a week and Black doesn't seem mad...he seems apologetic...

Initially it was a perm ban.

Secondly you haven't been in the know long enough to understand the knockdown dragout ritual.

This is like watching NBC news. I could hit these softball issues all day long.

Fatty if you don't like the direction things are going. Then maybe you should come talk to everyone before you start swinging the "Sword of Authority". And maybe spend a little more time on Trop. Things won't change overnight.

I just started tonight. And if it hurt when I pulled the Sword of Authority out of your backside and started hacking, I apologize!

:freak:

Let's rumble!

Unless someone can tell me that they're happy with Trop the way it is....

Initially it was a perm ban.

Secondly you haven't been in the know long enough to understand the knockdown dragout ritual.

This is like watching NBC news. I could hit these softball issues all day long.

understood

doesn't mean I'm gonna keep my mouth shut though...I've waited too long to be able to open my mouth...now you can't shut me up

:P

------/off trouble

and what exactly does this mean?

yeah...what did that mean?

That meant the "hello" was for trouble, and then the rest of my post was directed to all....