Blacks ban..

Watchtower

Fatty if you don't like the direction things are going. Then maybe you should come talk to everyone before you start swinging the "Sword of Authority". And maybe spend a little more time on Trop. Things won't change overnight.

I just started tonight. And if it hurt when I pulled the Sword of Authority out of your backside and started hacking, I apologize!

:freak:

Let's rumble!

Unless someone can tell me that they're happy with Trop the way it is....

Gonna take alot more than that to hurt me. Besides I don't need a sword to get my point across.

You can swing it until your arms fall off. No sweat off my back.

Just think you should have given us a heads up.

actually...it IS a timed ban...Fatty told Black to come back in a week and Black doesn't seem mad...he seems apologetic...

doesn't seem like the usual "knockdown dragout" except inside of .gc ranks

Initially it was a perm ban.

Secondly you haven't been in the know long enough to understand the knockdown dragout ritual.

This is like watching NBC news. I could hit these softball issues all day long.

understood

doesn't mean I'm gonna keep my mouth shut though...I've waited too long to be able to open my mouth...now you can't shut me up

:P

Playaa, I'm not asking you to keep your mouth shut. I was just giving you an fyi.

And secondly, I wasn't asking you to remove your sig. I was just giving you another fyi.

I didn't think I did anything drastic tonight when I warned 2 people?

I would have done the same thing a month ago when someone sluffs off their actions.

Honestly, I really didn't do anything to you.....did I? If you guys really feel undermined....well...

GOOD

Be tinkled at me and get back on that field and kick some donkey.

Unless someone can tell me that they're happy with Trop the way it is....

And yes. I'm happy the way things are goin' on trop.

As I've said already. If ya don't. Then spend more time there.

Honestly, I really didn't do anything to you.....did I?

Then what do you call this topic?

Call it whatever

You want people in the server. Which I spend time doing. Then you want to pi$$ & moan about how I do it. Make up your mind either put the time in on trop or back away and let the ones puttin' the time in run with it. Or lastly drop the whole thing and not have a CS server.

Personally I agree with the reason for the ban. I've seen way to many clients shoot their mouths off, and then leave. If we want to keep a better atmosphere, some of the regulars have to realize they can't just whine, cry, and hate when ever they want.

I do think the ban of a week is a little long. I would of banned for a day, but I guess it would depend on the mood I'm in at the time and my past experience with the player. (which I think applies to most of us).

*SIDE NOTE* Can we get /showrules working again? Some tonight said it did not show anything.

And yes. I'm happy the way things are goin' on trop.

You're happy?

This was your public post:

Things have changed.

There are fewer admins on.

To many peeps are now becoming statwhores

Ignoring objectives

And the camping Wow 

So lately, I find myself pulling further & further away from Trop. I'm losing the fun & enjoyment of playing. Simply because I feel like all I do while in there is babysit. People are pushing the envelope on things they say. And when you take them to task on it. They scream "Admin Abuse".

Which in turn puts me in a negative mood. And I don't feel like saying "Nice Shot" when someone puts it to me. Instead I complain about it. And I don't like to play like that. I would much rather be in there having fun.

To correct this. It's going to take everyone that plays there to turn it around. This is NOT just the admins responsibility. It also will take Regulars stepping up and being the example.

Admins: We need more to step up and put more time in on Trop. We built it they came. Now we have to maintain it. A couple of us can't do it alone.

Something doesn't seem happy with something.

And I gotta agree with the fat one on this. The bans have to start at permanent. If a timed ban runs into a crash, the ban is up. So put it on the pinhead that got themselves banned to come back and remind everyone.

Black only aggravated a situation with more of the same. Would any one of us responded this way? i.e. the way Black did?

And I gotta agree with the fat one on this.  The bans have to start at permanent.  If a timed ban runs into a crash, the ban is up. 

That's a moot point if it's only a 1 hour timed ban. Which is mostly what I do. Unless it warrants a perm.

Well, if the whip is gonna start crackin, it needs to crack across everyones' back for the crime, not the class. I see people getting warned for saying something inappropriate over the mic by an admin, only to hear something along the same line come from the admin during the map.

If we are going to a standard here, it needs to be a standard across the board, not selective. And IMHO the regs are the ones that should be judged the harshest. We all know the rules, fly-by-nights do not. Many don't take the time to read the MOTD screen, so a little leniency should be shown their way until they are told to RTFM.