Server language.

I'm not sure that we have the admin working in there yet Rev. There are only two or three of us that have web based admin since we have two comps here to play on one and admin on the other. It is definately something we are going to have to get a handle on once we get the admin working correctly.

We have also been looking at trying to disable some of the sounds that are foul language as well.

We are working on it. Er....actually, fatty was working on it but he's gone for another week.

I took on admin rights recently...which means that I've been a bit more strict on the language when I've played...I usually give two warnings before I ban...and I haven't had to ban anyone yet.

Is there a way to listen in on a team when spectating?

Oh, and I read up on UADMIN MOD...when it comes to typed chat we should be able to set up a filter to "bleep" out nasty words...

I've thought about that...but I don't read the banner all that often unless it catches my attention.

Its been my impression that we always warn before the boot...so that's what I've been doing. I've only had to boot one person so far in my adminship...mabey I'm not catching it at a good time of day or something.

Oh boy was today frustrating....every other player was like HS this...wth...f you...die b...you name it I heard it...I posted a big knock it off post...got flak from one player and booted him...

It seems to me that they arnet hardcore cuss animals, its just normal lingo that slips...no one had to be warned more than once, but other would chime in with their first cuss after I warned someone else about it... hmmm

• 2 weeks later...

ok ill admit i slipped a word :P its so diff not to play ut without some foul trash talk :P i mean without cuss words how are we gonna make fun of brillow :) he don't understand complicated words like "the, and, but," he is after all just a simple cave man lawyer with no knowledge of our futuristic ways.

.if you didnt understand its ok im just weird :P if you did wohoo its funny!! YOU WIN THE PRIZE!!!

Check out the counterstrike forums. There is a forum for people pleading to relinquish their bans for lesser infractions than saying the f word a few times. My point is...watch your language when you are on our server...don't try to argue it or you will be banned. If that came across a little harsh sorry, but that's just the way it is.

I don't know where Fatty stands on trash talk but I don't want to think about it right now because I am battling a massive hangover or might possibly be still drunk.

A person can get pretty creative when trashtalking, and it doesn't have to involve a single cuss to get under an opponents skin.

Most of the time I hear cussing is when someone is ticked off at teams, losing, and the like...I'll warn immediately if I catch it...usually I'll warn twice, the second time being the ultimatum.

Fatty is just as strict on it as I am, I learned from the man himself.

More or less we want everone to just have fun instead of getting hot under the collar and letting the f word fly.

I let it fly all the time...but I don't type it or voicechat it...it's strictly between me and my monitor. :D

Is it an irony that we are worried about laungage while we are blowing people's heads off?

BTW, I do hate the laungage in my headset... so if it gets bad I just disconnect from the chatting. If everything else falls into text, I can ignore that with ease.