Split it up some?

Brillow_Head

I was thinking, why not combine two of the best game types out there...ONS...and CTF...rotate a CTF map and an ONS map...it would double the cycle time, and give peeps a chance to bone up on their fragging skills at the same time as their vehicle skills.

And it is still teamwork based. Keep the bot count high to draw in players, put a heavy dose of GC guys for a while and watch the fan base grow...

I think this would really work. If not...what have we lost, nothing, we go back to ONS and continue to get more peeps.

Speaking of which I ran into our first possible addition from Cuffo. His name was Frags.Ultra (or very close to). If you see him in-server, make him feel like one of the gang. His clan just disbannded and we could snag him on the rebound. His skills are very close to if not better than mine....

There is a tutorial on the same forums as the link above for the map vote.

I personally would rather it do a random map change that leave it to a vote. Too many different things to vote for in my opinion. :unsure: It might confuse my feeble little mind. But I will research and implement what ever the masses would rather do.

Map voting is working, but all I see are the ONS maps. Are the other maps loaded?

Say BB are stats enabled for Cuffo yet? I just got a godlike by only running people over in a manta. mawahahahahah

Yes and No, it should be logging, but I haven't set up the auto transfer of the log files. So they will be turned into stats as soon as I get the stuff set up, but they aren't up at this moment.

Ok, I did some reading up on the MapVote setting and I know how to implement it. So, what game types to we want to allow.....so far I'm hearing:

ONS

CTF

BR

Any others that we would like to enable?

I'm also game for having third party maps in this server as well.....since we are voting on what map is going to be played, we might as well have as many choices as possible. So, if you want me to add a map, link me to the actual dl and I will get it put on the server. I will start a new thread and sticky it for this actually, so don't post it in here.

I'm going to qualify that it works, it forces you to use a drop down to pick between the different game types. I see to recall seeing it as flat view with all the maps right there. Didi yousee anything in your research mentioning that?

YOU ARE THE MAN BUBBLEGUM

The Server is running good. No lag while I played but my ping was in to 100 to 120 range. I had to wait till everyone left and only me and bots were on but I tried out 1 map on every type of the game and they all ran well.

YOU ARE THE MAN ALSO FATTY

Thanks for the new addition server it is a nice addition to the comunity

score time is set to 10 seconds...ie how long you have to check out your score at the end of a map before the map voting starts.

Vote time is set at 70 seconds, which is default....I can lower it if we need to.

Penty, no I didn't see anything about flat versus drop-down menu when I did research. However, I did upload your maps last night....all night, there was 1.3 gb of info in those zips....lmao....when I got up this morning it still said it had 4 hours to go. Anyway, when I get home, I can restart the server and they should all be in the vote list.

heh, you could have done it piecemeal. I can't wait to play moonlight and Catldi Park against good players.

Let me look around at the mods out there. that may have been what I saw.