question to fatty

lol m0ss thats how my play looks now too.

BTW, I am saying that we keep it as is for now and my word is final.

your word is crap cause you're too cheap to join .gc

<_<

maybe its not cheapness. I only play CS and I ping horribly in Trop. I spike all the time. Maybe its my vid card, so when I upgrade at the end of Aug we will see.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on last night and we had a great time playin...we had some good teamwork, played about 3 maps before each map got old and we even got a good de_deadlock match in.

good times were had by all (or most)

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
p.s. any community members playing lineage 2?

I'm a level 20 Palus Knight on Lionna.. it's even made me start typing with ^^ and ^_^.. dang azn's.

Obviously only a few people here agree with me (coincidently people that get a chance to scrim.. maybe I'm crazy though) so I won't bother pushing it further because it's similar to arguing a brick wall :/.

(edited)
As for what Playaa said, there is no strategy in pubs. Sorry, but saying "everyone rush b!" doesn't require a 4:00 round timer.

If the best people in the world at CPL can pull off complex strats in 2:30, I'd hope a pub can pull off a rush strat in 2:30 =/.

that doesn't win you any points in my book...I cannot tell you how often I see the "no strats in pubs" thing and I just get tinkled off. Compared to most of the other pubs out there, there ARE strats on Trop...sure they aren't going to be up to par with a CPL team...but I don't expect them to be. What I do expect is to see community members helping to MAKE strats and create a good teamplay atmosphere...what you're asking for is for us to make it LESS of a teamplay atmosphere.

he saying that THERE ARE STRATS IN PUBS, but it does not require a 4:00 timer.

Edited by Draco

and i am also tired of people wanting a teamplay atmosphere in a pub.... do you play with some of the people in the pubs, most of them are idiots, that run around like morons. please if you want teamplay, JUST GET A 5 MAN PUG AND PLAY WITH THEM BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY WAY YOULL GUARENTEE TEAMPLAY

Hey, we all started in pubs and if it didn't start with teamplay then CS wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Yes it is a pub server but, no, the purpose/goal behind CS doesn't change. You want deathmatch? Go play Quake3 or Ut2k4 DM.

Hey, we all started in pubs and if it didn't start with teamplay then CS wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Yes it is a pub server but, no, the purpose/goal behind CS doesn't change. You want deathmatch? Go play Quake3 or Ut2k4 DM.

who said anything about deathmatch... i think i have seen you play cs 3 times but you continue with your input, why

Because this is a community that values the input of of it's members. Duh.

Draco, do YOU need to know/see me play personally for my opinion to be valid? I don't think so.

As for deathmatch, without working together as a team, that is basically what you get, a deathmatch session. Most of the 3rd party "fun" maps are essentially deathmatch maps, deagles, the LOTR ones, leet skeet, scoutzknives...all of them are essentially team deathmatch maps. That is the only other semi-valid gaming style I think could be excused on a CS Server (and still defeats the purpose of CS). The only other stuff I see going on is people just goofing around and playing stupidly. That stuff definitely does not need to be on the server.

That is the only other semi-valid gaming style I think could be excused on a CS Server (and still defeats the purpose of CS). The only other stuff I see going on is people just goofing around and playing stupidly. That stuff definitely does not need to be on the server.

That all depends on what your definition of "the purpose of CS" is. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the purpose of CS is to have fun. That doesn't require synced teamwork.

Judging byThis Page, I think there are a good number of people who agree that playing these 'essentially team deathmatch' maps or climber maps are rather enjoyable.

But you're right, those maps don't need to be on the server. However, they ware definitely put on there, and they get played a pretty good amount. I see them requested quite frequently by a lot of people, too.

:twitch:

:wub:

I play CS for fun, if it was all about the team and strats i'd find something else to play. That's what CAL, UGS and the other leagues are for. And scrims, and PUGs and some clans. The rest of us just wanna have some fun ;)

There isn't any more teamwork in public servers now then there was a few years ago.

im looking now and i see 0/21... just like every other time of the day besides prime time (7-10?), trop used to have people in it ALL day and lately it has just DIED.

Dude. At 1:30 in the afternoon? Who gives a poop, seriously? Now, if we had nobody in there when WE actually wanted to play, then we'd be concerned....

CS itself has taken a hit in the past year....even the old Trop started to show decline of peeps. We've seen teams all over and from this community attempt to start new servers to no avail....CS is in maintainance mode, not a growth mode.

You honestly think that all the other factors, game life, other games, server changes, etc, have nothing to do with this, and it all revolves around map timelimits and round times?

So anyways, back to your "gotcha." Tell me why we should care if our CS server has players at 1:30 PM anymore. We used to, but now I look at our server, I see a long list of people that I know by name....I see people that play here because it's like Cheers for them. You're right, primetime and she's full. That's when we play. :D

And then I see you here in the evenings, wait, you were just there. Why do you choose here in the evenings? Why not go to whatever pub you fly through at 1:30 in the afternoon that's banging away? You care enough about our server to bother to share your theory, I'll grant you that much, but why? Although I'll never convince you that it really won't matter if it's 20 or 30 minutes (btw, the roundtime should be 3 minutes, if it's any more than that, that's a mistake....yes it was...it's now 3...) so show me a server that is packed all day and night and prove to me it's due to mp_timelimit 30 or 40. I'm being serious...give me a server IP and some webstats to go with it.

in response to Tape and All_Killer...I play CS because it is a team game. There are plenty of games out on the web that don't revolve around the team aspect and I don't enjoy them near as much as CS. I have absolutely NO TIME to play competitively in a league but I still want to enjoy the teamwork aspect of CS...which is why I come to Trop (the few times that I do play). So I never want to see Trop go towards a more deathmatch environment...in fact I cannot STAND the fact that maps like that get played on Trop...but it's not JUST my server so I try not to whine (too much)...but I will definatly say something when I feel it needs to be said.

(edited)

But you do play CS to have fun, and it being a team (oriented) game makes it more fun/enjoyable, right?

There appears to be at least two of you (dwEEziL and Playaa to speak of) who don't care to see any deathmatch maps on Trop. However, I think there are plenty of people, myself included (and I know Lunk enjoys his scoutzknives :rolleyes: ), who like to play essentially team deathmatch maps. They are not played all the time, and the way that maps are chosen tends to be pretty much chosen by a playing admin due to input or the players themselves. Done this way, the maps played tend to be the maps that ensure that the people who are playing will continue to play and enjoy the play that they are there for. You can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time, but you can do your best and that's what I see going on. There is a good mix of team deathmatch maps and 'normal' maps (the DAD maps I think I remember them being called? ie dust, aztec, dust2). People who like only deathmatch can play a good amount of time, people who enjoy only 'normal' maps can play a good amount of time, and people who like both have got it made :D

I guess what I'm saying is... just as people who only want to play team deathmatch maps should respect 'normal' maps being played... you should respect team deathmatch maps being played. Like Fatty said, a lot of people like to come here because it's like their Cheers.

Edited by TaPe

and basically that's what you've got.

the reason you see more deathmatch like maps is because the admins who don't like them, don't play much. And when we do play, we do our best to make sure people play as a team on normal cs maps (though I despise the DAD maps as well). The admins who like the deathmatch style maps seem to play more, so those maps get played more...and that's how the system is supposed to work...if I start playing alot more (which I'd love to do but work just doesn't agree with me), assuming I was the "active" admin (meaning the first one on) you wouldn't see those deathmatch maps...but I don't, so you do. System works perfect.

however, you're asking to change the system to support even more of that deathmatch world...and I'm saying I don't want to see that happen for the few times that I DO get on.

System works perfect.

however, you're asking to change the system to support even more of that deathmatch world...and I'm saying I don't want to see that happen for the few times that I DO get on.

I don't remember asking for that :unsure: I'm rather happy with how things are right now.

System works perfect.

I don't remember asking for that :unsure: I'm rather happy with how things are right now.

hehe

let me rephrase

this entire topic is about asking to make the server more deathmatch-like (with the shorter round times and longer map times)

to me, the 3 minute round times are perfect and the short map times encourage teamplay as opposed to high scores

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

Fatty changing round time to 3:00 = best thing he's ever done possibly... I might even have to go play on trop for a bit longer now =O. Now if only I could convince him 2:30 is actually 3:00 because of the "new" plantintg rules 8).

Topic kind of exploded over the last 12 hours.. heh..

edit: And don't lob dust2 in with dust and aztec! While those 2 only have a few things you can do, there's a lot you can do on dust2 (espeacilly at a competitve level).

Edited by PDO

actually I agree...dust2 is a fine map (and actually I enjoy aztec in a teamplay environment).

however I prefer maps like piranesi, storm, vertigo, inferno, militia (where'd that one go to?), etc.

(edited)

I was only grouping dust2, aztec and dust together because they are the top 3 normal maps played on Trop. I wasn't grouping them because they are similar in any other fashion. Some of the maps listed there are good maps, but a lot of people just don't like them so when they come up... the server tends to shrink in size. Sometimes the server even empties. Mostly, they tend to just not be maps that are requested or picked... but maps that happen to roll up as the nextmap.

edit -- Like you said though Playaa, if you were on, then the maps you like would be played more. Problem is, you're not on to decide to go to a map of your choice. Generally, the people presently in the server get their input in because it's them who is directly affected. It doesn't seem right to pick maps based on what people like who aren't even playing... maybe on the off chance that they might look at the server while the map is going and decide to play. Moral of the story - play more! :P

Edited by TaPe

(edited)

maybe we could compromise and go up to 25 instead of 30 :)

(63.218.48.10:27015) - this server for some reason is full 24/7 i dont get it. its a horrible server with horrible people playing in it

Edited by PHYZER23