CS:Source beta delayed

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)
The good folks over at CSNation have just posted a response they have received from Jess Cliffe, Valve product manager and co-creator of Counter-Strike, regarding the Counter-Strike: Source BETA.

The game was supposed to be ready for pre-load on the 5th August but it looks like we may be waiting a little longer now.

Counter-Srike: Source will not start pre-loading on the 5th. We are working extremely hard to get it out and will have more information on this soon.

--Jess Cliffe

We will keep you informed of any more information we receive.

Source: Halflife2.net

Edited by zerodamage

Valve was on a roll. They had a mega block buster in HL. Then they offered support for mods and along comes CS plus a lot of other cool mods. But things soured when they brought CS under their fold.

It no longer was a few guys making a game they liked to play but rather it was forced to become a company driven entity. I personally didn't mind all the updates (until the shield one) but they pandered to the lowest common denominater (accessible for newbies). Some did NOT like this. I liked the more polished feel but hated where the gaming community went.

Then Valve really made some questionable moves. First you have the vaporware that is Team Fortress 2. Then you have a major fiasco implementation of 'Steam'.

It just seams like they tinker with stuff too much. Maybe its because they are innovators and trying to take the gaming experience to a different plane. Or maybe they should just stick to making games and leave everything else alone.

So... I am looking forward to CS:Source, but in a jaded sort of way. Almost like what are they going to mess up next. Almost the same with HL2 except those videos looked awesome. I have let my cynicism guard down on that one now.

First you have the vaporware that is Team Fortress 2. Then you have a major fiasco implementation of 'Steam'.

Actually both of those can be explained.

And the delay is over as of today.

Precaching started today for the people that valve promised to support first.

Beta is getting underway.

I downloaded cracked version today and seemed quite pleased with it. Bunch of Gotfrag buddies were playing it last night.

Fatty-In order to play the beta you have to goto a participating LAN center that is with Valve or already have CS:Condition Zero installed. In a couple of days...It will begin preloading to Condition-Zero owners. When HL2 ships...CS:Source full will be available with it.

Erm, so, if I bought CZ right now, I'd still have to buy HL....so I'm going to wait, right? I'm not interested in CZ.

When will HL2 ship?

<leaves for HL2 forum>

Or buy one of the ATI cards with the coupon for a free HL2. That gets you in on the beta also.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I just sent off an email to Gigabyte a couple of hours ago. My X800 came with Condition Zero and no CD-Key to play it. I am not too pleased about that.

Nite all.