Fileplanet hosting WoW stress test beta

Crowbar

Fileplanet is bringing it's subscribers (like me :) ) a spot in the stress test phase of both the World of Warcraft beta, and the Tribes: Vengence beta. Both are available for download to anyone with a FP subscription (like me :) ). For the WoW beta, you log in, get a unique key, and then download the 2GB+ file and wait for the stress test to begin. I'll let you know how it goes :rolleyes: .

it's the beta, yes. this will be the stress test phase, i.e. the part where they get as many people to log on as possible to see if the servers will be able to take it. If they fail, it's still part of the beta, so they don't look bad. If the servers take it fine, they release the game and we all have to pay for it.

nice... Wow Beta opens on the same day I got my new comp!

I've never played any MMORPG (cept for EQ when it first came out for like 5 mins then I got bored :rolleyes: ) so I'm lookin forward to this one. Downloading it right now (this is taking forever even on my cable connexion).

-noah

I just played for about ten minutes or so, before I got bored...

It looks exactly like EQ to me (then again I'm not much of a MMORPG kinda guy, the monthly fees always turned me off and their general shoddiness in general, too).

Right click, approach the enemy, chill until you kill it. Same ol thing. But I guess if this is your thing you'll dig it. And its Warcraft which is a plus. I remember real-time videos of this thing looking really good. But it just looks and feels like EQ to me.

ah man this game looks awesome, I played for hours last night. So much better than Shadowbane. Its just like any other MMorpg, I never did play EQ because it was to carebear land for me. I can't wait to get to a higher level so I can see what the PvP is like. It will be hard to compete with UO's PvP, but the game looks and the controls are great. So far this looks like the promising MMORPG everyone wants.