Wow

General J

Well, while I contemplate whether a new bike or moving out is more worth it ;) check out a local stunt team. They are called Streetfighterz, and they make some awesome videos. Watch for the guy to jump from the tank of one bike to the passenger position on the leading bike.

Here's the trailer to their newest movie. The song in the background is from a local band called Project Sted-fast.

thats a smooth vid J. projectsted-fast rox it out too!

I have to say though, I think the wheelies on the highway are badass, but those guys tinkle me off a little when they are wheel up about 2 feet in front of a dualie pickup truck on its way home from work.

Looks TITE when there are like 40 bikes all cruisin on the freeway.

Heh, how so Gond? Did you see the crash at the beginning of their C&I:4 trailer? That guy is back up and riding now... := Crazy huh? He totally shattered his back. That had to be one of the single worst accidents I think I have ever seen involving a bike where the rider survived.

yeah, living in St. Louis I've seen those guys...one of them used to live within spitting distance of my parents house. I remember one day me and some friends were playing ball outside and suddenly we hear this loud high revving and we look to see this guy riding a wheelie, standing up going about 60 miles per hour UP A HILL AT A 60 DEGREE ANGLE!!!

We all just stood there in shock.

And I've seen these guys on the highways riding wheelies and acting like idiots...I can't tell you how many times I've felt tempted to run them off the road.

Watching a person shoot a playing card out of the air with a handgun is freakin sweet...but that doesn't mean that person should throw that card into a crowd and try the same trick...that's just dumb.

Traffic is the enemy here. Let me tell you that riding a bike isn't really too difficult once you get used to it. But you get a lot of people in cages that don't know how to react to bikes that are travelling normally. When you throw in some major distraction like stunt riding, bad things happen. I am sure Playaa knows about this hwy. 364 accident. What the article doesn't say is that the car that was supposedly cut off was being driven by a 16 year old on the way to some friends house. He saw the group of motorcyclists and apparently followed them on to 364, the opposite way of his friends house. His mother, I believe, was quoted as saying that he was a huge fan of motorcycles, stunts, and was looking into getting his own bike. Hmm, doesn't sound like someone was preoccupied with the stunting bikes does it? It was finally let out, about a week after the fact, that many of the witnesses had said that the 16-year olds explorer had NOT been cut off, and there was no more mention of a chase vehicle behind the bikes. Also put to the wayside was the fact that the 8 people in the Navigator or whatever overly large, top heavy SUV it was, were not wearing seat belts. :nono:

In no way am I saying, "Hey, this is General J, and I support stunting on highways and other public roads." I am 99% of the time a 'keep it at the track' and 'do it away from public' type of guy. But I will say that a wheel being raised on the highway with 2 cars around should not cause 8 people to almost lose their lives.

Drive safely! :peace:

Not those guys specifically but those guys in general. Because they are now making these bikes that cost so much, go so fast & people ride them this way the insurance claims went nuts & the cost went up. That is straight from the insurance mans mouth.

So, I have a bike that I'm actually having to pay as much as it is worth in insurance each year...thats is messed up.

Hmm, what kind of bike you have? How old are you? I have an 02 Ninja 250, full coverage, medical coverage, $100 deductible, and I pay $58 a month. But I am 19, not married, and not in school (good grade discounts :D ) so they see me as high risk :unsure::lol: Stupid stereotyping... :rolleyes:

Also a little side note about that accident I was talking about.. Streetfighterz board and St. Louis Area Riders board have stories of people apparently being pulled over for the "guilty by association" charge. I want to get pulled over for "stunting" on the highway on my 250! I would fall off my bike laughing from that one. :lol:

1983 Honda Nighthawk 550. I'm 37 so I'm not high risk. The thing that kicks me is that there are 2 drivers in my house so we insure 2 cars but I don't get a break on the bike like I would a 3rd car...oh well, they have me by the nads cause I love to ride :o

I am looking at a Yamaha Seca II (600 cc, so much smoother!) so I will be interested how far my insurance will shoot up. Will have to wait and see. And as for Flux's comment... Bad music? No.. You just have bad taste. That song owns you like a stealth badger/platypuss crossbreed. :freak:

Hmm, what kind of bike you have?  How old are you?  I have an 02 Ninja 250, full coverage, medical coverage, $100 deductible, and I pay $58 a month.  But I am 19, not married, and not in school (good grade discounts  :D )  so they see me as high risk  :unsure:  :lol:  Stupid stereotyping...  :rolleyes:

Im 22, in college (but nowhere getting a good grades discount). My Trucks insurance is still on my dads so I had to get the bike separate in my name. I only have liability on my 02' ninja 250 and its only 14 bucks a month. :o

Im so ready for a 600 now. Im not trying to do any stunts, but I hate cruising 60 MPH running 7k rpm.

Edited by NOFX

I have full coverage thru State Farm on my '02 Sportster and it's $330/year. The insurance also covers the extras like sissy bars, pegs and such that are your typical Harley add-ons.

Of course, all my insurance is through State Farm, 2 cars, a house, life insurance, the engagement ring, etc.

Progressive hates motorcyclists under 21. Guilty by association again... But oh well. I have full coverage down to $100 deductible and health coverage on my bike (basically every option I could get) and I pay $58 a month for my 250. When I get a 600, unless it is brand new or close to it, I am just going to get liability.

Edited by General J