ECE Download is out!

Here is the link to the thread that has it:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showt...threadid=414090

I was worried about the validity of the link -- but later on in the thread, an Epic admin (Dr. Sin) vouches for its validity and that it has indeed been released. I have about 2 minutes left in my download, so I will let you know if it works out ok.

-Kor

PS ECE = Editor's Choice Edition. It is just new content for UT2k4.

Here is the link to the thread that has it:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showt...threadid=414090

I was worried about the validity of the link -- but later on in the thread, an Epic admin (Dr. Sin) vouches for its validity and that it has indeed been released.  I have about 2 minutes left in my download, so I will let you know if it works out ok.

-Kor

PS ECE = Editor's Choice Edition.  It is just new content for UT2k4.

getting it now soon as its done and peep like it.. this needs to go on mobo and cuffo :P along with utcomp... :P lol

Got it. Some really cool stuff.

Paladin: Doesn't seem to be nearly the "bang" that a goliath is, but perhaps harder to kill due to the shield. In fact, I would bet it is the perfect thing to take out a goliath--shield against the goliath fire, and then attack with the plasma blast. It seems just a bit faster as well.

Mobile Artillery: Not nearly the range I was suspecting, but you don't have to have direct line-of-sight to kill stuff. Of course, there is a delay between when you fire and when it hits, so it's harder to hit stuff on the move (just have to time it--like a goliath) and the first seat cannot protect itself at close range. The second seat, however, has the shock balls which are great for close range.

Cicada: This thing looks very cool, and complex. Would take a while to master..but it does bring some heavy weaponry for an air vehicle. I bet this thing, with it's lock-on target capability, could take out a node fast! Will have to play with it a bit later though. Also, the avril flares are an awesome idea--haven't had a chance to play with them yet.

Can't wait to try this stuff online!

-Kor

ive played with it.. artillery is good and bad.. i dont know if you realized by the shot explodes after about 3 seconds in the air on its own... so it really cant fire as far as you do the camera.. i tested fireing on dria from node 5 i think down to center vally far side.. i lined up camera perfect on node.. fired and shot exploded on its falling arc before it touched the node... but on better straights and slight drops ya this think is cool...

paladin thing ill have to test vs another tank... recharge seems to be pretty slow doubt you could consistantly shield and fire... but on positive you can aim shield around and defend vs air while your driving away... and hopefully its fire is decently buff. i dunno numbers...

airship... i dont like the animation... but ya buff firepower for airship... the secondary fire is pretty nice because you can lock on then duck under cover and it will still add rockets up then peek up before they fire automatically *at max* and they will hit their target.. so thats nice.. and 400 health .. i bet raptor still beats it air to air but air/ground just got a whole lot nicer

mmm :)