Valve Announces HL2 Steam/Retail Packages

Penty

Over at www.hlfallout.net

Retail Boxes

Standard Edition  includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man).

Collector's Edition  includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirt and a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages

Bronze  HL2* and CS:Source.

Silver  HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.

Gold  HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*To be made available upon product's release

This was above the above:

The Half-Life 2 offers have been finalized. Details are pasted below. The Steam offers will be available for purchase next week. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release. Also revealed, the full version of CS:Source will be available to Steam purchasers next week!
????

So will CS: Source pop up for me to purchase or what?

Ok, will I be able to purchase HL2 before it's released because CS:S is ready for me via source?

Of course I don't want to buy more than I have to, I'm just trying to understand it all. The way I read it, I buy one of the steam packages = I get CS:S when it's ready, even if HL2 is not, which sounds like next week?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I am excited. Can't wait to play with you guys on source.

• 2 weeks later...