CS : 1.6 server

Ice_Berge_00

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Both source servers are full almost all the time.

The cs 1.6 server was rarely full and only at night with coaxing via certain maps. I do not think converting it back would be a good idea.

GC Alumni
(edited)

The cs 1.6 server was rarely full and only at night with coaxing via certain maps.  I do not think converting it back would be a good idea.

I disagree somewhat. While I admit the 1.6 server wasn't full all of the time, like the Source has been, as more Source servers open up the number of players will decrease.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the server, on the contrary I love playing on GC servers :D

But judging from what I've seen the ban forums there's been lots of new people on the Source servers which would seem to imply that they're isn't that many Source servers yet and people are just playing on whatever they can get into.

I will be getting HL2-cs:s everntually and playing cs:s, but I doubt that I'm the only one waiting for the Retail version either. I know several others that really enjoyed playing on Trop 1,2 or 3 and they now miss the server and the atmosphere very much! Personally I've been playing quite a bit LESS since the server switched because I really prefer Trop and the GC atmosphere.

It isn't that easy to find a server with the kind of players and experience that Trop offered. I have a few others that I do play on, but as usual there's more players just whining about hackers, or yelling in the mics (yeah I know I talk too much on the mic), or spamming their music or just being plain IDIOTS.

This is why I've stayed with Trop ever since I first found the server, well that and the ping ;)

Well I guess that's my story.

P.S. I feel that I should've said a long time ago how much I appreciate having a server like GC's to play on. That's something that I think isn't said near enough.

Edited by Ice_Berge_00

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I think what it comes down is most of the .gc members (read: people paying) are moving onto Source immeadiately. There's lots of other things to do, whether it be getting off the PC, playing some CSDM or scrimming.. not the end of the world by any means.

The cs 1.6 server was rarely full and only at night with coaxing via certain maps.  I do not think converting it back would be a good idea.

EXACTLY.

Keep in mind, we're talking about servers we pay for....many people don't consider this...

Pay x for server, struggle to get a game going, forced to play less than average maps

or

Pay x for server, always have a good game available to play, embrace the change

---

There are lots of 1.6 servers left out there. Tell you what, gather $1000, we'll chip in the rest, and we'll put up a 1.6 server for a year.