stupid impulses !

All Kill3r

(edited)
Asus PC-DL

2 X 3.2ghz Xeons (Prestonia M0 steppings)

woot, what a beast this is gonna be. Dunno how i can use up all the mhz, but im gonna try !  :boing:

I'll post some pic's when i get the hardware in hand.

:=:= damn dude, Im sitting here making installs on linux and its taking forever. I was just thinking how sweet a dual processor getup would be. 2x3.2Ghz?!?!? insane. If you had the connection you could run a few CS servers and anything else you wanted.

those processors are like 475 each!!

I was thinking more along the lines of dual 1.4Ghz opertons :)

Edited by NOFX

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Will not see too much of an increase in gaming. The applications need to take advantage of dual processors and I do not know of many games that do.

Dual processor support will pick up in the coming year when the dual core CPU's hit the market.

Dang, that's an impulse? I wish I had those kinds of impulses, man, oh, and a credit card to support them.

Hey ZD, I was reading that a lot of the companies that license corporate software (like DB software) by the processor are either leaning towards licensing dual-core processors as two processors or they have already stated it. I can't remember, but one of them was going to treat a dual-core like a regular processor (Maybe Oracle?) but that could change. Could you imagine if Longhorn gets licensed by core? That'd really pull a vaccuum.

(edited)

Dual cores are coming soon ! Yea ZD, wasn't really looking to get a performance boost from it, just wanted something new to play with =\ My P4 handle's anyting i can throw at it, so i'm not ready to move on to an A64 yet.

Fox, i don't have any credit cards or debt. Or kids. or wife or any of that money draining stuff most people get in life. :D

Edited by All Kill3r

ah well still dual 2.5Ghz?!? P4's. My guess is they will own a 3Ghz with HT. After all Hyperthreading is just the way the code is wrote on the processor to make it logically two processors. 2 physical processors will own. Man, makes me really wanted to get one now. But if dual core processors are coming, does that mean dual processors will be gone or does that mean there will be dual processors with quad cores? :)

I just started my new job this week...and the machine they gave me was an "old server"....yeah, it's running dual 3.0ghz P4's with 2 gigs of ram. I can't believe how fast this thing is sometimes...

have fun playing around there Killer

:)

(edited)
ah well still dual 2.5Ghz?!? P4's.  My guess is they will own a 3Ghz with HT.  After all Hyperthreading is just the way the code is wrote on the processor to make it logically two processors.  2 physical processors will own.  Man, makes me really wanted to get one now.  But if dual core processors are coming, does that mean dual processors will be gone or does that mean there will be dual processors with quad cores? :)

haha

yea man, when dual cores come out it's gonna get nuts. Dual cpu dual core. :o

what about Quad cpu dual core, 8 cpus for the price of 4 !

YOu got dual 3.0's for free Plaaya ?!?!? I hate you ! :angry: jk have fun man, i know im gonna.

Edited by All Kill3r

Ahh, no wife. And if you have a gf, at least she's under control ;) Enjoy it, man, I remember those days. I'll give you one word of advice if you'll take it, and that's it: Put away a little bit so you can retire early. I'd recommend a Roth, all that time working on your side will pay off.

But be sure to blow the wad every once in awhile, too, that way we can live vicariously through the pics you post online :boing:

Will not see too much of an increase in gaming.  The applications need to take advantage of dual processors and I do not know of many games that do. 

Dual processor support will pick up in the coming year when the dual core CPU's hit the market.

Quake 3 was SMP aware and I would wager that Doom 3 is as well.

Ahh, no wife.  And if you have a gf, at least she's under control  ;)  Enjoy it, man, I remember those days.  I'll give you one word of advice if you'll take it, and that's it: Put away a little bit so you can retire early.  I'd recommend a Roth, all that time working on your side will pay off.

But be sure to blow the wad every once in awhile, too, that way we can live vicariously through the pics you post online  :boing:

LOL !

no girlfriend, milf only diet for a while.

thnx for the advice too, thats the plan. :D

(edited)

haha Plaaya, nah im not here to make people jealous. Just share, and learn more about hardware for myself. using it at work is better then not ever getting to play with one at all !

Fox, i don't have any of the stuff yet, pics probably tuesday. cpus and board are coming then, the windtunnel heatsinks tuesday or wednesday so i hope to be online wednesday/thurday with it. It's getting 2x512 and 2x256 pc3200 for starters, and a few small hdd's and the x800pro.

Moving my gaming machine right now to a plain case under my desk and downgrading it to a APOLLO S3 SAVAGE IX Video Card, 8MB SGR, TV-Out, 2X AGP card, and stealing some of it's ram for the dually, to leave it with 512mb.

what i'll end up with.

Rig 1: 2 x 2.4ghz Xeons @3200mhz - Asus PC-DL - x800pro - 2x512 2x256 pc3200 - Aspire530w - 3x40gig hdd's - Audigy2

Rig 2: 3.0c @ 3500mhz - Abit Ai7 - SAVAGE IX - 2x256 1:1 2-2-2 - Antec480w - 30gig hdd

Rig 3: 2500+ - PCChips board - 1x128 pc2700 - Mustang350w - 30gig hdd

I'll post a bunch of pics when i start doing the switching around and building. It's gonna be a long day to re-arrange the hardware of 3pc's around the way i want to. Prob just take them all apart and start all 3 from scratch again...

xeons_2.4.jpg

pic of the cpu's from previous owner.

Edited by All Kill3r

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Killer, did you ever get any of that Crucial memory? If so, how did it go?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

You must have gotten a wierd batch. Every single review I've seen of it has been positive.