teh bots golly gee!

Guest SofaKing

Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guests

Please set the bots to nerf if you must force the insane number you currently do. A server full of bots is not only lame, it's just not fun. When there's more than 6~8 people there's no need for any at all. Yet you still force them when there's well over 10. It really makes those servers unfun.

Also, I dunno the hack, but EvilHomer had Rox at Torlan.

Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guests

LOLlers. Sorry. Like, do you know where I can find the RL at Torlan?

I checked this MAP and there was none. Sad, but looks like Anti-TCC 1.18c needs updating. No aimbot, but some interesting free weapons.

Don't care that much... please fix teh bots. Oh and change the your ranking from AK-47 to AFK-47. That's like 100000x better.

Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guests
oh so rox=rockets...I got ya...those are now in torlan because of nosuperweapons mod replaces superweapons with rocketlaunchers.

Ahhh... that's right. Any reason for no SWs on a pub?

Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guests

Uh... OK. Well back to the main point. Your bot total suckzors. Less please? We'll cyber if you do less and stuff.

It's upto the Admins, but the bots were originally put in because teams were always uneven. The bots are set at such a high level to make up for it. When we didn't have bots we always had peeps switching to one side, and the other would be 2 to 3 peeps down. At least with bots, if one is decent, a team understaffed by 2 to 3 has a chance. This still happened with 10 peeps in there.

I think the auto-adjust was tried and still in place, but I'm not sure how effective it is. People switched back anyway. But who knows. Today all those switchers might have left or been banned.

Guest Gorgonzolla
Guest Gorgonzolla
Guest Gorgonzolla
Guests
Uh... OK. Well back to the main point. Your bot total suckzors. Less please? We'll cyber if you do less and stuff.

Oh man...I can tell I am getting old and out of touch because that last sentence lost me.

Mk5

This:

We'll cyber if you do less and stuff.

Translates into this in ordinary speech:

I will do sexual favors for you if you decrease the number or skill of the bots on your server.  I might consider doing even more depending upon how attractive you are.
Edited by Mk5

Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guests

Dew:

Man... banning switchers?! Why? You're never going to stop people from switching and you'll never stop under manned team situations fro occuring. If you try to force people into a constrained way too deeply you'll ultimately *pi$$* (tinkle, wth!) off your audience. For example: me. Though, GC is just one of many pubs I frequent, though less lately due to the bot issue. I do <3 the GC server, it's close and has good maps. Don't ever spaz out and add tons of customs. 95% of those suck donkey... which will likely be censored. ROFL.

MK5:

LOLlers! I'd say like golly gee! but I think your nub BBS turns that into something else; which is ghey. What's so bad about golly gee!? Perfect translation! Sex0r for you! BTW, if GC ever want to scrim LcD you should hit me on AIM = wcmaxi.

Test time:

wth

golly gee!

Oh my...

TTYL

STFU

n00b

poop

truck

truckk

lame

gayest

ASL

Edited by SofaKing

Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guests

BTW... I was flipping through your ban forum. Oh my..., you guys are crazy. There's a lot worse out there any bad screen names and team stackers. I could see someone being really foul over voice comm, but the end user can turn that off (I do... lest I hear some nub asking for air support for his Levi), nor can I talk (thank god, you might ban me). Maybe I'll get banz0red for saying it, but man... lightnen up... UT isn't big enough to ban everyone but the happiest happy kids playing.

Serves me right for trying to be nice and answer a question. I don't have admin or ban rights, so I'm not sure why you're yelling at me. I do support fair, fun play, and GC servers rock in terms of 99% of the people being fun, good skillz, etc. It's what drew me to these servers. Remind me not to answer another pub question. :P

We run a pretty tight ship here. Yes, we can be pretty intolerant of swearing and questionable names. But that's where we have carved out a niche for ourselves: with cleanly run, well-maintained (and admined) servers. We are still able to attract the best and most mature Onslaught players to our servers with our 'strict' rules. Heck you can still trash talk, but now need to be a bit more creative with your insults (because you aren't allowed to swear):)

Just remember, there are a TON of other servers to play on if you don't like ours.

Cheers.

Edited by 00b3rN00b

Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guests

Dew:

Yelling? Do you see any caps LOLlers! No bro... I'm being polite. Just a caution.

Noob:

RGR that, it's your perogative and such. But my point stands, ONS ain't getting bigger. This isn't CS. We need to keep as many as we can. Snuffing foul mouths won't help and there's a lot worse poop going on than that.

SofaKing:

You seem like a nice enuf fella. Caution on what? I did notice you specifically told me:

Dew:

Man... banning switchers?! Why?

you'll ultimately *pi$$* (tinkle, wth!) off your audience. For example: me.(followed with:)

Oh my..., you guys are crazy.

lightnen up...

So exclamation marks thru out the paragraphs, statements about being crazy, lightening up, letting people know they could run their server better, or else it'll tick you off... I'd caution going on someone's server and insulting them. Just a suggestion. :P

But in context I see you're just trying to make a point and not being malicious about it, just like me. Semantics I expect. But it's all just a game for fun. So no need to go insulting each other. Hope to see you in the server. If not, have fun elsewhere too. Fun game. I enjoy playing with LCD peeps on MOBO and KoNA. Later dude.

Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guest SofaKing
Guests

Dew:

Meh... you're free not to like my verbage, but I stand by my point. UT isn't fat like CS. You can't get ban happy. We need all teh help we can get.

As for the "I'd caution going on someone's server and insulting them." uh... you guys take poop WAY too personal if you found any of that instulting. I mean... or what? Ban me? I'll give you my GUID to say you the trouble if you're that senstive.

Anyway... I'm getting the general jist of it all is "no, we like our way too many teh bots!! die!! LOLOLOL". And ah well to that.

The way we run our server is not the choice of just one but the choice of many. You can not tell me the ages of the people on our server at all times. We choose to keep our server (clan, over all rep, etc) clean. We do not support foul language, bulling, etc in front of minors or anyone. We have many members and we also got many regulars, all have come and stayed because it is a fun and friendly enviroment. I bet half the people who we bann, post back about wanting to be unbanned. Clean servers deter more cheaters then any thing goes servers also. We appreaciate your input.

• 2 years later...

When I first joined GC some guy named SofaKing showed the team some ropes one night. He didn't really show me anything new and I was like -so what. But half the team got bent butI never picked up on it since I was new to the GCs UT clan. After reading how this guys posts in the forums, I want to know why this guy came to "show us how to play UT".

Anyways, now UT seems to be in a decline, just cause you have to many bots on the server here. Shame on you GC.

Wentz, when are you going to write the SofaKing biography?