HL2 may be available to buy Saturday 11/13

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

i have been reading all over and apparently people are calling Best Buys and EB's and they are saying the games are going up tomorrow and many have them up tonight. Mainly because some places started putting them up so everyone else is following suit. If you plan on buying this thing via the box, I would call around Saturday morning and see if any places near you will be selling them then. If they start selling early, you may miss out if they sell out. Just an FYI.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
will the preloadedness come out early to then?

Unlikely but possible. Those buying the CD still can not play it. Valve has to activiate it through steam. This comes off as the best way to prevent piracy ever. No one can play HL2 before it is released by Valve officially.

Unlikely but possible.  Those buying the CD still can not play it.  Valve has to activiate it through steam.  This comes off as the best way to prevent piracy ever.  No one can play HL2 before it is released by Valve officially.

That would not work unless they will have an option for those without an internet connection (ala windows xp, call in for activation code). That would definitly make for some unhappy gamers, me included.